Post-op Surgeon meet-up and upcoming Party!

mmmesser
on 8/28/13 9:01 am

I met with my surgeon (first time post-op) today.  He gave me a good report on my incisions and weight loss and that I am doing well.  I was informed that my B-12 and Vitamin D were low pre-surgery so got LOTS of samples of everything and instructed on what to do and also, given a prescription for D2 that I have to take three times a week for 6 weeks.  I have my first party on Sunday since my operation.  There will be lots of food and alcohol...I am still on 4 tbsp. of soft pureed food per meal (three meals a day with 2 protein shake needs a day).  I have this vision of me coming with a bariatric tool belt....all my powders, vitamins, and approved foods on one side with my shaker and re-usable water bottle on the other. Ha!  Oh yeah, and don't forget the sunscreen (free Vitamin D though!).  I've not had a stall (I must be due one later on) and I've not had any problems staying on track (although I really dedicate myself with the adequate fluid intake daily).  Any suggestions on the soft pureed stage for food options and an all day Labor Day party on a boat and at a home!  I'm thinking I will bring my PB2 peanut butter with my low fat triscuits as this will be ready made and filling.  I might be missing something here!

mkvand
on 8/28/13 6:57 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I don't really have any suggestions, I just want to say I'm impressed at how you have everything under control this soon after surgery.  Congrats.

mmmesser
on 8/29/13 11:25 am

well...i'm coming armed to the teeth and I can't do anything that would hurt me so...I really don't have any options to do anything that would harm myself.  But thank you!  I really am trying to troubleshoot prior to getting there.  I don't want to be stuck in something I can't get out of....I guess worse case, I can just leave.  So, there's that.  Just thinking about that option makes me feel better.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views