just had first post-op meal...

Wendy Covill
on 8/30/13 6:15 am - VT

2 ounces chicken broth and one teaspoon of gelatin and I am full! First meal in 44 hours and that is all I needed. So glad I passed my leak test. That stuff was nasty.  Have learned to use deep breathing to get through the nausea. This will be fine! I think I psyched myself out, I can handle this. Thank you all for being here. Sleeved yesterday and looking forward to the next chapter!Wendy

Debra M.
on 8/30/13 6:28 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Congratulations Wendy! You are a real trooper. As you know it will get easier each and every day. Eat, or should I say, drink slowly and sip sip sip your water. Water is very important for you right now. Welcome to the losers bench. )

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/13 7:17 am
I was waiting to hear from you. Yea the nausea sucks. But its gotten better tho. Glad to hear you're doing well. Are you home yet?
Wendy Covill
on 8/31/13 12:01 am - VT

Should go home today! How are you feeling? I'm just more sore from my mobility issues than anything else. On our way now. Doc told my liver looked perfect. Every sip makes me burp, STRANGE!

Gonna take some getting used to.

tysmom01
on 8/30/13 7:45 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

Glad to know things went well! Keep sipping on the water and broth, that will help with the nausea. Isn't it an awesome feeling that you can have so little and be full?!? 

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

Cathy K.
on 8/30/13 8:00 am

you could ask for a nausea patch, helped me alot.

jenlaur1
on 8/30/13 9:01 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I agree with Cathy...I had the nausea patch put on just before surgery and I had no nausea (except after my barium swallow..that stuff was so nasty!!...I wanted to hurl big time).  You can get it to take home if your surgeon will agree.

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

jubigirl
on 8/30/13 11:36 am
VSG on 08/26/13

I had the sleeve Monday. It is such a great feeling to have no desire, even if it's temporary for food.  I did go home with the patch and had no nausea.  I did feel sort of queasy a few times but thankfully it passed.  I'm like you, I have my mind, finally in a good place regarding the journey ahead of us.

Best Wishes!

Kelli

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 379 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views