Stinging pain after surgery

Moving-Forward
on 8/31/13 4:39 am

Hi Everyone !!!

I am 11 days post op and have been experiencing pain 'inside' by belly - it feels like bees are stinging me.

The pain is not directly under one of the incisions ... just in the general stomach area inside.

Has anyone else had this pain ? Is it common ? Could it be the nerves healing inside ?

Thanks for information !

princesswimmer24
on 8/31/13 5:30 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I had similar pain and so did my friend. I've been told it's just part of the healing process. I think it's pretty common, at least it has been for my 9 abdominal surgeries. Keep us posted on your progress!

Diana E.
on 8/31/13 6:14 am
VSG on 03/27/13
Yes, it's the nerves reconnecting. As long as its nit accompanied with redness/swelling ( other than the normal stuff from surgery), you're good.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Moving-Forward
on 8/31/13 11:38 am

Thanks Diana heart

mmmesser
on 8/31/13 8:04 am

I am having a similar experience that started around 21 days post-op.  I think mine is part of the appropriate healing process of where the staples are and incision line of the stomach or similar.  It's not necessarily 'stinging' but if I move a certain way (where my stomach would be touching the inside of my belly) it feels like 'rubbing' and it is a discomfort/sharp pain and so I move out of that position quickly and all is well.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if what you are experiencing is part of your 'normal' healing process.  I would just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get too intense or stay longer, etc.

donnamy3sons
on 8/31/13 11:29 am - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13

I had my sleeve on 8/13 and I was actually going to ask the same question tonight. I have been having the exact same stinging type pain today....takes you by surprise then it's gone, kinda scared me glad to hear someone else is having this too:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views