one more night in the hospital

Wendy Covill
on 8/31/13 7:58 am - VT

Not eating enough. I will get the hang of this. I think it is just I'm not adjusting to having my meds crushed! My surgery site is quite sore, my mobility issues make walking the gas out difficult. I'm getting there though. Glad to have this support system.

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/13 8:07 am
Glad to here they are taking good care of you. I felt like that kicked me out a little to quickly. I have trouble getting fluids in as well. And I'm still sore. Make sure you use your pain meds. Have you tried warm liquids like tea and broth? Only way I can get fluids in.
Wendy Covill
on 8/31/13 9:30 am - VT

Just asked for some tea!  Hiccups are killing me! LOL! cold water, not liking me. All of a sudden the artificial sweetener aftertaste is too much! Glad you are doing well.

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/13 9:48 am
Yea cold water isn't my friend either. And the guess in my chest is killing me. Seems to be getting worst than better. How did that tea help?
titaniumEileen
on 8/31/13 9:41 am - NY
VSG on 08/28/13

just had my surgery on the 28th - came home from the hospital on Friday.  Surgeon and hospital staff was excellent.  However, there were 2 others in my wing having surgery that same day and they seemed to be doing a little better that i was!  I had a mini panic attack going home as I was very sore and it hurt to even drink water.    In my mind I was thinking"forget it. I just won't eat or drink ANYTHING", but then I woke up on Friday, started sipping the water and pushed past it.  I even got some of the protein drink in that night!  Today is better.  I am plugging away at the water, protein drink-took my vitamins.  I don't want to jeapordise my health from now on.  Keep trying, get home and just try not to think about it, just plug away - it will get better - now I can see that!  Good Luck fellow August WLS grad!

mickeymantle
on 8/31/13 9:58 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i never crushed pills I was given pills in the hospital and , i have been taking my metiformin which is a huge pill with no problems, 

remember ice pops are liquid , so is broth

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Heather_Austin
on 8/31/13 4:54 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I had my sleeve  on Monday 8/26 and left the hospital on Tuesday afternoon.  Tuesday evening I could barely drink 8 oz of water!  On Wednesday, I was able to get in 40g protein (mixed with unsweetened almond breeze) and 32 oz water.  Thursday, Friday and today, I was able to get 50 g protein but no where near my Dr. recommended 80g.  I've also been a little short on the water at about 40 oz.  I spoke to my nutritionist yesterday and she said not to worry about it for the first few days and just do the best I can. 

I'm having a problem just swallowing it down but I think it's because I also had a hiatal hernia repaired with the sleeve. 

Anyway, today is the first day that I feel like I can move around mostly normal with a small amount of hydrocodone.  I'll still be sleeping on the recliner for a while and I still can't completely bend over. 

Hang in there (I'm telling myself the same)!

Heather

Heather_Austin
on 8/31/13 4:58 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Also - all of the vitamins I take are Bariatric Advantage and are chewable except the B12, which is subliminal where it just disolves under your tongue.  These are what my Dr. recommends and sells but you can also get them from Amazon.  The pain medicine and antacid he prescribed me are in liquid form.  There is NO way I could swallow even a small pill right now.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 375 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views