stomach bug or gallstones maybe?????

3DogLover
on 9/8/13 9:13 am

I'm 2.5 months out, down 50 so far.  Friday morning I started having major stomach pains, fever Friday night.  This continued all weekend long, fever comes and goes.  The stomach pain is sharp and severe and also comes and goes.  I've only thrown up twice.  I called my surgeon, he doesn't think it has to do with the surgery but probably a stomach bug or maybe gallstones.  I plan on seeing him Tuesday but wanted to see if anyone here has had a similar problem.

Thanks,

Judy

mmmesser
on 9/8/13 10:46 am

Could be gallstones...would need to do some tests.  Could be a stomach bug too...if it gets worse you can go to an ER before Tuesday.

fran67
on 9/8/13 10:55 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12

I had my gall bladder removed about 12 yrs ago but I will never forget the pain when I had attacks.  It shot thru my chest to my back not my stomach.  You might think you are having a heart attack from where it's located. It would come in waves for about an hour or so and then pass.  Other people might have had a different experience with the pain.  But to me, it sounds more like a stomach bug.  Feel better soon!!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

jubigirl
on 9/8/13 11:56 am
VSG on 08/26/13

I had my gallbladder removed with my VSG.  I had same type of BACK pain, sometimes radiating toward front.  I did think I was having a heart attack the first time it happened.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

3DogLover
on 9/8/13 8:52 pm

Thanks for the responses.  I think I will suffer through today as long as the surgeon can see me tomorrow.  I would feel better having him check it out just in case there is something going on with the sleeve.

My pain starts with the stomach and radiates up into my chest.  I actually feel just a little bit better than I did on Saturday, hopefully that's a sign it's a bug.

Thanks again for the responses,

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views