Surgery in December anyone?

ktbrickey
on 9/9/13 9:56 am - NC
VSG on 01/27/14

Anyone planning for surgery in December?  I am one the journey now seeing the doctor, surgeon, nutritionist and psychologist all required by insurance.  Any one at the same place as me?

denisealice
on 9/9/13 10:39 am - TX

That's exactly where I am.  I have had some of the tests done,  I am hoping to have the surgery just prior to our Christmas break....it would give me several weeks to recover.

Tenacious88
on 9/9/13 11:45 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: I have been working with my team for two years now. I've done some test, but I still need to meet with the  psychologist and do the final blood test. I'm hoping to also have vsg surgery during the Christmas school break. I am so ready to do this.

Best wishes, Godspeed.

please keep us posted.

88  Florida.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

ktbrickey
on 9/10/13 9:47 am - NC
VSG on 01/27/14

Why has it taken you two years?

Tenacious88
on 9/10/13 11:28 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi, Why a two year wait, first the ins company would not pay for the surgery, now they will.

Second I had to have eye surgery, I had blood in back of my eye, now it's ok.

I pray and hope that this will be the year of my surgery, God willing.

Stay well.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

bdaycakegirl
on 9/9/13 12:32 pm

I"m hoping for December, but am afraid it wll be January.

laviecharmee
on 9/9/13 2:39 pm - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

I think I may be in December as well. My insurance company is a little different. My PCP sent the referral in for me to see the surgeon by my company's policy is 3 months with a bariatrician first.  After meeting with her for 4 monthly visits she submitted the referral to the surgeon which was approved.  I saw the nutritionist and did all the blood work the only thing I have left is the psych and that is on 9/25. I believe once I have the psych eval then the surgeon will do the referral for the final approval for surgery. Typically they take about 2 weeks for referral approvals and then it is just the scheduling so I am thinking/hoping for Nov/Dec. 

Though does anyone else feel a small sense of dread having it so close to the holidays? I think being so newly sleeved will be both a blessing and a curse when navigating holiday eating events!

~ Kim     Never take away someone's hope, it may be all they have left

(DEC  -19)  (JAN  -16.4)  (FEB  -9.2)  (MAR -13.5)  (APR -4.8)  (MAY -4.6)  (JUN -8)

ktbrickey
on 9/10/13 9:49 am - NC
VSG on 01/27/14

I have to make 4 monthly visits as well, due to insurance.  I feel the same way about the holidays, but if you wait until after Thanksgiving at least you can have one "last" holiday with a larger meal.

LessofRaven
on 9/11/13 2:22 am - San Jose , CA
VSG on 09/24/14

I am hoping i'll be in November. I start seeing everyone and doing labs and such tomorrow.

Sleeved! 9/24/2014 by Dr. Bhoyrul  SW: 265  CW:253

First Goal 10% (238.5) , Second Goal 25% (198.5), Finish line (150)  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views