Stalls suck BTW

G5x5
on 9/9/13 2:48 am - VA

So, even though I'm in a good mental place for dealing with it...

(1) I was prepared for there being a stall even before the surgery, (2) the many, many postings on the subject have confirmed the process,(3) I have lots of faith in the process and I know if will kick in eventually, and (4) I made it past a crucial number for me before the stall hit....

Nevertheless, 2 1/2 weeks is really testing my patience frown.

Can't really do much about it though.  I track my food daily so I know eating less isn't an option.  Also doing light exercise with a fair degree of regularity, so I could boost that but it should be working on some level now.  My water intake runs in the 100 oz range with no less than 80 oz even on a bad day.

I really think stopping my BP meds had a impact here.  One of them had a diuretic mixed in and I can definitely tell that I'm peeing less often even though the water intake remains high.  Also, I was lucky to have a dramatic weight drop early on in the process (I'm 2 weeks shy of 3 months from surgery with >60% of the weight gone), so I know the body taking a realignment break isn't unusual.

The good news is that the weigh has held at the 192 mark for the entire duration.  It hasn't gone above 192 and only dropped below on one day that followed a particularly rough cardio day.  And, as best as I can tell from my fancy scale, my body fat dropped 2% during this time.

Oh well, done venting for now......

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

jubjub
on 9/9/13 4:10 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

Have courage!

Think of it this way: Stalls are training for maintenance.

Also: Weight loss isn't the only thing going on in your body. It's recomposing itself, which will probably continue on into maintenance as well - you may consider measuring things other than weight - like body measurements and body fat - you'll see changes there even when weight stays the same.  Measuring only weight would be like only considering your Math grades in high school - it's easy to look at only one number, but there's much much more going on.  Look at it all - progress with fitness, waist line, etc.  Developing a deeper appreciation for all that's going on inside you will help keep you sane, and help you realize the transformation you're going through.

Good luck!

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

on 9/9/13 12:37 pm - NE

Hang in there!  2 1/2 weeks is cake!  I started at 266 lbs. and I've had two stalls; the first at 199 that lasted for 5 weeks!  The second one was at 184 and lasted for 4 weeks.  I lost 6 pounds within a week after both stalls.  I've ramped up my exercise, hoping it will help the next time my scale decides to take a vacation without telling me!  Yes; they are frustrating, but you just have to keep doing what you know you are supposed to be doing and wait it out. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 67 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views