Here All -- Newbie Here

diana44
on 9/9/13 11:17 am - GA
VSG on 09/04/13

Hi, I'm Diana and I am 5 days post op gastric sleeve.  I just found out about this group.  So far I'm doing well...just difficulty w/ stamina.

Look forward to any tips, comments, or support from everyone.

Debra M.
on 9/9/13 12:33 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Hi Diana, it is normal to feel tired at this stage. Your body is using all of its energy to heal. Walking will also help in the healing process and it will help increase energy levels. Rest, walk, sip your water and get your protein in.

We are happy to have you with us on the loser's bench.

great.lakes.girl.
on 9/9/13 12:47 pm
Welcome !!
Member Services
on 9/9/13 12:50 pm - Irvine, CA

Welcome to OH, we are glad you have joined our community.  Congratulations on your surgery and your recovery.  It sounds like you are doing well. angry  

Here are a couple of links that may help you navigate our site: http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/sitehelp.html  and http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/terms-of-service.html.

If we can be of any help please contact us at: [email protected]

Best wishes.

phyoung1
on 9/10/13 5:38 am - AR

I am in my third month of a six month physician supervised weight loss program.  My hope is to have bariatric surgery following the program.  I am uncertain as to whether to have  lap band or the sleeve gastrectomy.   My BMI is such that I would be insurance approvable for either.  I am approximately 85-90 lbs. overweight  The non-reversible nature of sleeve surgery gives me some pause.  Does one enjoy eating after any of these surgeries?  I am a night eater with sleep disorder, does surgery help? 

pineview01
on 9/10/13 12:38 pm - Davison, MI

Welcome

Being tiered at 5 days is normal.  Rest when you can, the rest of the time walk and sip.  It is VITAL to get your fluid and protein in.  We have to get 65-80 g protein and 64 oz water.  Are you making your min requirements?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views