Met my surgery goal weight.

megan.sherman
on 9/12/13 10:30 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

Went to my appointment yesterday and have lost 11 lb. since last month.  That puts me 2 lb. under my goal weight.  The only things I have yet to do is an in-person support group and pay my fees.  Because of my husband's work schedule, I can't have the surgery until March, which is 10 months from my starting point.

I keep telling myself that it just gives me more time to lose weight and be healthier for surgery, but I just want it done already!

lnettles1963
on 9/12/13 11:40 pm
VSG on 07/12/13

Congrats on your loss and pending surgery.  I took the time also to try and lose and get as healthy as I could for my upcoming surgery.The time helped me get mentally prepared also. I had surgery two months ago and am doing very well. I had very little pain, mostly gas and soreness (no actual pain) and I have lost 41 pounds. Best thing I have ever done for myself!!!!

Sounds like you are on the right track, stick to your plan and you will do great!!!!!

Best Wishes!!!!

jenlaur1
on 9/13/13 10:29 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I had to wait a while too, but more of timing than anything.  I had my surgery a little over three weeks ago.  I've never been very patient with the whole hurry up and wait thing..seems to be the story of my life.  But really...the time will go by fast..you'll see. :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

katie L.
on 9/13/13 11:55 am

Will your appointments that Ok your  surgery last that long. My surgery was canceled  last Dec. to April and I had to have another phisc. eval done because the first one is only good for 45 days. And my heart ok paper work would have ran out the week I have surgery. Check with your insurance and doctor.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views