My feet are shrinking.....

Wendy Covill
on 9/13/13 4:40 am - VT

and I can wear my wedding bad and engagement rings again. Feeling good, infection and all, two weeks and one day out!

Thank you all for being here! If you only knew how often I am on this site. LOL

Wendy

celticfaery
on 9/13/13 4:46 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

It only gets better from here!  My shoe size went from an 11 to a 9.

My wedding ring was a 12 and now I'm in a 7 and it's loose now.

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

Linda B.
on 9/13/13 5:39 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Great NSV kiss I can still remember the day my wedding ring fit again, I cried, showed my DH, and then I posted. Now, it is too big. your feet will keep shrinking so don't spend to much for shoes yet. Oh, for the need for smaller clothes often, thrift stores can be a great place for temporary wardrobes.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

KrissyMisssy
on 9/13/13 1:54 pm - TN
VSG on 12/02/13
I'm so confused by the shrinking feet. Did you feel as though your feet were "fat" before? Because I have always been a size 10 from the time I was thin at a younger age, until now when I'm at my heaviest weight. Do some people gain weight in their feet? I'm just curious because I'd LOVE to drop a few shoe sizes too!

mkvand
on 9/14/13 6:01 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

It's not that people's feet are fat, but the pressure on them from body weight causes them to spread out.  The less body weight pushing down, the less spread and smaller shoe sizes are the result.  I'm really looking forward to this myself, because I'm a woman but have to buy men's size 10EEEE. 

MaliceAlyce
on 9/14/13 2:39 am

Woah. Woah. Woah. Feet shrinking? I have large feet, size 12.5, I WOULD LOVE FOR MY FEET TO SHRINK.

PrettyEyes_41
on 9/15/13 2:16 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

Over the years (I'm 55 now) I've added a half shoe size here, a half size there until I was up to a 9 1/2. After losing my weight I'm back to a size 8!! You'll find lots of body parts shrink (even the ones you don't want to - lol). At first I just bought the plastic ring sizers at Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks until I got to my weight goal. Then I took my rings in to a jewelers and had them resized.

You'll lose and find things through this whole process!! I found collar bones and back bones and hip bones that I haven't seen in years!! I found a chin and some jawbones that had been missing for quite awhile too! Of course I lost half of my girls along with 96 lbs of fat but I found a new me and a more confident and self-assured woman along the way!! Isn't it glorious!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views