I think I can, I think I can

mmmesser
on 9/14/13 1:16 pm

So, I did it...

I did my first restaurant experience post-op (6 weeks ago I was under the knife).  Also, it was the restaurant I had many a beer (in fact, I've got two plates on the ceiling with my name on 'em because I am a true beer knurd with over 200 beers per plate- yes, I was that girl).  So, I went with my partner and stepson and met a couple of friends...everyone drank beer (except this woman- I drank water) and everyone ate an entire meal (except this woman- I ate a couple of pieces of the roast beef with a bite of cheese off my partner's sandwich).  Did I miss the beer?!  Well, yeah!  Was it something unbearable...no!  I did miss the pretzel bread with queso...how I love thee!  But 3 of the people at my table had such a delicacy and I was able to refrain without even a tear!  I did figure out that I definitely have to take some flavoring for my water when I go out as I was even thinking of how much I would like soda (and I'm not even a big soda drinker).  Drinking just plain water for hours at a restaurant just isn't going to cut it.  Next time, comes the sugar free grape flavoring!  Anyway, I just wanted to get my thoughts down and tell everyone that I feel successful in my initial efforts to get some normalcy back in my life with just some better, healthier choices and decisions!  I'm still on Soft Food and tonight was my first night of Roast Beef...I had no problems with it.  I have one more week before I'm supposed to explore more food options (within the parameter of sleeveville).  Congratulations to everyone who did a restaurant this weekend and followed their programs!

Member Services
on 9/14/13 1:36 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations to you, this post was very motivational!  Thank you for sharing it.

pineview01
on 9/14/13 1:58 pm - Davison, MI

Way cool!  Great job!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

themexcellentone
on 9/14/13 3:39 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Flying Saucer?

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mmmesser
on 9/15/13 12:00 am

Yes!

VSG on 06/12/13
That is great! You are well on your way to recovery. Keep up the good work.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

cappy11448
on 9/14/13 9:24 pm

Congratulations.  I remember my first restaurant meal post-sleeve, and that realization that there is a path to normalcy with my new sleeve. 

Now when I eat in a restaurant, I choose something low carb, I eat about 1/3 of it, and take 2/3 home for two more meals.  I always feel a little deprived because I can eat so little, but then I tell myself that I still get to eat it all and I get to enjoy it for three meals rather than 1!.  Then I feel better, 

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

mmmesser
on 9/15/13 12:02 am

Good thoughts!  I'm going to use this too (I like the 'eating this deliciousness for 3 meals instead of just 1' thought). 

71dart
on 9/14/13 9:49 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Good Show!

You are taking an approach toward success.

I have a family reunion today, but I know there will be lots of protein choices for me.

Protein First!

AnnaPat
on 9/15/13 1:58 am
Awesome! The beverages had to be the hardest part . I'm almost 6 weeks out & went out to dinner with the whole family for my birthday this weekend. Because of the time they could all get into town, the wait times were pretty long. We ended up going to a fun Mexican place, where I used to love the Trivia nights, queso & drinks. I ordered the Hawaiian quesodilla that I love but threw away the tortilla since its loaded with chicken, onions, mushrooms, etc and just ate a couple oz of the meat/vegs with a little queso over it - delicious! The waiters came out with the big silly sombrero singing with sips pillars, which I immediately gave away to the group. We had a ball & I have leftovers for days
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views