Sometimes....(Warning: this post is about struggle,spirituality,surrender and faith in GOD)

sheranfour
on 9/16/13 10:02 am

Sometimes...

Sometimes you are flying high and think you've got this food addiction and the food in it's place.

Sometimes this feeling can last a very long time and you get careless and fall.

Sometimes you realize it quickly and call out for help and get it and feel invincible again.

Sometimes you realize you loved the taste of the food and you don't want to stop eating again.

Sometimes you lie to yourself and tell yourself that you are in control and tomorrow you'll be back on track.

Sometimes tomorrow comes and you are not on track...and you vow that the NEXT  tomorrow you will be.

Sometimes you stop excercising because the food your eating tastes so good and you don't want to excercise.

Sometimes you stop asking for help and drown in the food.

Sometimes you realize that you've completely gone off plan and as you struggle to pull up...you can't.

Sometimes you wake up everyday and realize you are so lost and you fear you may never find your way back.

Sometimes you give up hope. Sometimes you lie to those around you in your shame and continue to drown in self pitty.

Sometimes this goes on for 3 weeks.

Sometimes you start to avoid mirrors and want to isolate and scream and yell and cry!

Sometimes you just give in and give up.

Sometimes someone....pats you on the back and just smiles at you...and you see something there.

Sometimes you decide that you have to believe in yourself and somehow, someway, you have to fight.

Sometimes you forget about GOD.

Sometimes you forget that he is there, with arms open, waiting to help you....

Sometimes you have to pull your car over, get on your knees, bow your head, raise your hands up and cry out.

Sometimes you don't know what to say or pray for but as you sob and empty yourself you pray for GOD to walk with you..

Sometimes you're not sure if he hears you.

Sometimes you get back in your car...and the Beatles are on...singing..."Let it Be"

Sometimes you pull the car over again...and surrender. Surrender everything...because you have no choice.

Sometimes you wake up on a Monday morning...and you feel different. Just ....different. Your feet feel solid...your legs strong.

Sometimes you realize you are on solid ground and you don't know why or what changed.

Sometimes you know that if you turn to look behind you, you'll see the deep dark hole you somehow are not in anymore.

But you don't look back.

For in front of you, there is light, there is hope, there is peace.

You take that step away from that hole...you don't look back.

Instead you look up. You thank HIM for his blessing...and you go forward. Always forward.

This is my journey.

Have faith in yourself. Have faith in GOD. All things are possible.

Peace my friends. I've missed you.

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Tracy D.
on 9/16/13 10:33 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13
Sending love and light your way, Deb (((hugs)))

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ChrissySmiley
on 9/16/13 10:47 am - MI
VSG on 09/09/13

Amen Deb.  He sees and He cares.

327 at the beginning of this process

298.5 Surgery Date 9/9

296 9/14

Pebbles4729
on 9/16/13 11:14 am
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/13 11:45 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Amen! Love this post, it is so true!

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/13 1:08 pm

Thank you for sharing your truth. It is profound and real. Your words spoke to me. I hope people understand your message of hope. No matter how deep our darkness goes, there is always hope.

Bless you!

Vanessa_M
on 9/16/13 7:58 pm

Sometimes you read a post that gives you goosebumps and realize that you are not alone.  Thank you for sharing.  You are such an inspiration to me!  Hugs to you! 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Miss150
on 9/17/13 10:23 am

Sometimes...it's called GRACE.  Thank God for his loving grace that steps in and intercedes for us when we cannot seemingly do it for ourselves.  Thank you so much for posting this.  Bonnie.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 195 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 281 views