Alkaline phosphatase...blood work.

Mousesmom
on 9/20/13 11:12 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
So yesterday I had my 6 month follow up visit and the visit was great. My surgeon is super happy with my progress so far.
The only hang up was my blood work. I had it drawn here where I live, about 45 minutes from the surgeon. It wasn't there. I called yesterday and the results were re-faxed. Nonevof that is the issue.
Instead all my blood work is good EXCEPT my vitamin D levels. Way low still. I gave upped my dairy, and sun time, but no benefit.
Back on perscription D.
The 2nd was strange as its the first time I heard it. My alkaline phosphatase is way off and may indicate bone loss. ????
I eat yogurt everyday, eat cottage cheese, cheese. Do weight bearing exercise, etc...
I have no clue. It has to be only since the VSG as they would have mentioned it before.
Anyone else have similar result
Hislady
on 9/20/13 2:21 pm - Vancouver, WA

From what I've read the prescription D doesn't absorb well for anyone. What we all need is dry D3 I get a chewable D3 at my Safeway grocery and just had much improved labs as of yesterday. Don't know why docs don't seem to know this. You need the D to help absorb the calcium so if your D is low you may not be getting enough calcium to affect the alkaline phosphatase altho I'm just guessing.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views