Fall/Winter time drinks...

Xxdanielle2484xX
on 9/20/13 1:39 pm

I am from CA and it is now finally starting to get a little colder and all I can think of is Chai Tea Latte's. I was really good about stopping the coffee but I am not sure about the Latte's...does anyone else love these and do you order them regular or with skim milk?? Thanks, trying to prepare for the future lol

laviecharmee
on 9/20/13 2:14 pm - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

Everything I order from Starbucks in get in 'skinny' or non fat which ever is available. I don't think they can do a skinny Chai Latte but they certainly can make it with not fat milk.  I am a big fan of the skinny peppermint mocha but I am presurgical and eating about 1200 so I can easily fit one in. 

The difference (in case you don't know) between skinny and non fat is that skinny is made with sugar free syrup and non fat milk but they don't have all the syrups in sugar free so sometimes the best they can do is non fat (non fat milk)

~ Kim     Never take away someone's hope, it may be all they have left

(DEC  -19)  (JAN  -16.4)  (FEB  -9.2)  (MAR -13.5)  (APR -4.8)  (MAY -4.6)  (JUN -8)

Heather_Austin
on 9/20/13 2:30 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

OMG, I've always ordered them skinny but my Dr. doesn't even want me to have caffeine at all! It's a fight. GL! 

Heather - Austin, TX

VSG on 06/12/13
Speaking of fall drinks, I am mourning the loss of pumpkin lattes this fall! I would love to find a skinny decaf pumpkin latte, since I am off the sugar and caffeine. If anyone has any leads, please, please send them my way!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Bufflehead
on 9/20/13 10:07 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Not the same thing but I tried out a pumpkin spice latte protein shake at home and thought it was really good. Here is how I did mine:

4 oz water & 4 oz Hood Calorie Countdown Nonfat milk - mix together and heat in microwave (keep under 140 degrees)

Blend with:

1 scoop Click Vanilla Latte protein powder

1 heaping t. instant espresso powder

1/4 c. canned pumpkin

pumpkin pie spice & ginger to taste (I used about 1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice and just a tiny pinch of ginger)

1 packet splenda

Nutrients: 98 calories, 12 g protein, 14 g carbs, 3 g fiber.

For me it's a little heavy on the carbs so I wouldn't have it every day, just as an occasional treat.

VSG on 06/12/13
Oh hey this is a great idea! Thanks! This triggered a thought - I once made pumpkin martinis that were *wonderful* and it involved creating a simple pumpkin syrup. It sounds like that is almost what you did here. I wonder if I can figure out how to do the low carb version of that and just add it to my protein decaf coffees. That is all they use at SBUX - a pumpkin syrup, but it's not sugar free.

Hmmm. chilly and raining in the ATL today. Perhaps I need to visit the kitchen...

Laurie

princesswimmer24
on 9/21/13 12:38 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

i haven't tried it yet, but Unjury emailed me this recipe yesterday.

UNJURY Pumpkin Spice Latte

1/2 scoop UNJURY Vanilla

1/2 scoop UNJURY Unflavored

1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)

1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Sugar Free Syrup (brand suggestions: Da Vinci, Torani*)

1/4 cup (2 oz) Skim Milk, Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk, or Almond Milk

3/4 cup coffee (Regular or Decaf, made to your liking)

* Torani and Da Vinci Sugar Free Syrup are both available on Amazon.com and at many stores.

Directions

Make coffee using a coffee maker or mixing instant coffee. Add milk. Measure temperature (must be below 140 degrees)
Add UNJURY, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Pumpkin Pie Spice Syrup. Mix until combined
Variations

For a sweeter latte, use one full scoop of Vanilla UNJURY instead of Unflavored
To decrease sweetness, use one full scoop of Unflavored UNJURY instead of Vanilla
For stronger coffee flavor, add extra instant coffee mix

Nutrition Facts

123 calories
23 grams protein
7 grams carbohydrate
6 grams sugar

Bufflehead
on 9/21/13 12:42 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Torani makes a sugar free pumpkin pie syrup. I might order it. I wish they sold smaller bottles of their syrups -- they take up so much space in my kitchen and I don't use them all that much. I would buy more if they weren't so gigantic.

http://www.torani.com/products/sugar-free-pumpkin-pie-syrup

MAchick
on 9/21/13 12:50 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I was just going to post about Torani and Da Vinci syrups! I used to make a decaf coffee and put it in with some vanilla protein shake or powder, or just skip the coffee.

VSG on 06/12/13
You guys are brilliant! Thanks so much!
(To the original poster: I didn't mean to hijack your thread! Thanks for letting me share space!)

Laurie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views