I should be celebrating but I need to get out of this plateau

jtremaine
on 9/23/13 7:55 am
VSG on 02/01/13 with

Hi everyone,

It's been 8 months since my surgery and I've lost a ton of weight.  I'm down about 60 pounds (from 230 to 170).  I feel and look like a "normal" person again so I feel that i've become lazy about my weight loss.  I can't really eat a lot of food (of course) but i'm choosing bad foods again.  I am also not exercising regularly.  I know the answer I just need to do it.  Anyone else in this same boat?

JT

Shagdoll
on 9/23/13 8:48 am

I think a lot of us reach a point where we get a little lax in this journey.  You've lost 60 pounds in 8 months.  That is awesome!!!  Looks like you have 30 more to go, am I reading your ticker right?  You can still do it and probably lose most of it within your first year, if not all of it if you put your mind into it.  Take advantage of the fact that you are still fairly early out & that you still cannot eat as much.  I've started cooking more and finding a lot of foods that are VSG friendly that taste good & low in calories.  We just have to get back to that frame of mind & to get ourselves back in the game.  Maybe have small goals to reach, I bet you are still getting smaller & dropping sizes.  That in itself is very motivating!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

debk21
on 9/23/13 11:08 am - Mansfield, TX

I agree with Jenn.  I think everybody gets lax at some point in their journey.  There could be reasons or maybe you're just tired of it all.  You know what to do to keep the losses going so I'm going to be your cheerleader tonight and tell you that you can do it!  This is all about choices.  You can make bad choices or you can choose wisely.  When you reach for your food, ask yourself "Is this going to get me to goal?"  If the answer is no - - - - don't eat it.  The more you choose wisely, the faster you'll get there.

Good luck to you and I'm rooting for ya!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

butterfly3851
on 9/24/13 1:18 am, edited 9/24/13 1:18 am - TX

I hear you!  I don't think I'll ever get out of the 170's - still got a lot to lose!  I'm working out with a trainer, trying to log my food consistently every day, etc.  I'm finding that I don't want to complete my diary if I eat a bad food - some old habits trying to creep back in.  Emotional eating will always be a problem for me.

Went on a 10 day vacation and knew I'd be down a couple of pounds went I came home cause I thought I'd been so good with my meals (but didn't log them) - ugh - up .8 of a pound.  Now - before surgery I would dread getting back on the scale and would have gained 5 lbs or so.   My hubby ate about the same as I did (except a ton more almonds) and lost 8 pounds!  Also, even though I can't eat as much - when I pass the aromas at the pretzel stand at the airport - the cravings are still there.

Gotta stay the course - get the protein & water in - we got to do good now cause the holiday season is coming up and temptations will be even more around.

Sometimes reading these boards you feel like you are the only one who is not losing fast - 

jtremaine
on 9/24/13 2:09 pm
VSG on 02/01/13 with

Thanks everyone! It's nice to know i'm not alone.  I haven't told anyone except my immediate family and my BFF about the surgery and I only know one other person who has had this surgery so I feel a bit lost.  I know I can do this and finish my goal, I just need to get back on track.  I still can't believe i've gotten as far as I have.  It's truly amazing.  I just need to get out of my comfort zone. 

Have a great week!!

JT

pineview01
on 9/24/13 2:39 pm - Davison, MI

I am about the same time frame.  I to have become a little lax.  I look normal and went from 230 to 170 as a band to sleeve revision.  I have been here for about a month.  I just asked my therapist about being where I belong as I am seeing bones I don't want to see.  She told me I needed to keep working to get the last 15 pounds off.  That my body would redistribute and that there is about a 20 pound regain down the road.  So we just need to keep on keeping on.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 353 views