Terrible day

Smcquithy
on 9/28/13 7:42 am

The day started out wonderful, until I decided to not do my normal breakfast shake and eat eggs and bacon. My dr office wanted me to go off the shakes. They said it was to many calories per day (less than 200). So I tried. I thew up all morning and felt terrible all day. Idk what is wrong but I am keeping my breakfast shake! I have been on solid food for about 5 weeks with only sick 2 other times. I hate this feeling! 

Stephanie

serenity1959
on 9/28/13 8:08 am
VSG on 08/05/13

It just may be too soon for your body that tolerate such things.  Many folks (me included) have had trouble with eggs after surgery.

HW 275  SW 266

cookiebun
on 9/28/13 8:56 am - MA
VSG on 04/02/13

I am almost 6 months post op and I still don't tolerate eggs very well.  I can handle the liquid egg whites a little better, but even those bloat me and make me not feel well.  Not sure how the grease in bacon would tolerate either.  I would say for solid food you don't even have to eat a breakfast food.  Try something you eat later in the day for breakfast as well.

I'm not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

HW: 365 SW: 320

Jus1nita
on 9/28/13 11:29 am - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

What type of bacon was it?  Not a pro, yet, seeing as how I'm only 5 days out, but from what I've read, it seems the bacon may have been too much fat.  Try turkey bacon and egg whites next time.  

Mrs_Desire _
on 9/28/13 11:30 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

I am wondering if the bacon was a bit too greasy for the tummy. Have you tried oatmeal instead? I know when I had the lapband, my doc didn't want us to eat bacon at all. Too much fat....

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Jackie T.
on 9/28/13 11:45 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

My first question would be how much did you eat?  At 5 weeks, my capacity was pretty small.  I would not have been able to eat a whole egg and bacon in one sitting.  You have indicated that you have gotten sick too other times.  Make sure you are weighing your food.  Don't try and eat more than 2 oz at time until you can really figure out what your capacity is.  You may only be able to eat 1 oz.  Until you can eat 3 oz of protein at 3 meals a day, you are not going to be getting enough protein per day.  You will need to supplement with a shake and/or 2 or 3 protein snacks a day.  I guess I don't see a problem with drinking a shake as long as you are trying to start introducing solid food back into your diet.  Good Luck!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views