Gross Protein Powder Samples

mmmesser
on 9/28/13 7:46 am

GROSS!  Yuck! OMG!  OK...so, I did the samples of Strawberry and Birthday Cake protein powders from 'About Time'.  They were the ones mentioned that do the Pumpkin protein powder but since they don't have samples for that one I thought I would check out some other flavors they have.  I love strawberry protein powders pretty consistently so thought I would do that one as a good reference point.  I did the birthday cake first in some water.  It tasted watered down and I wasn't impressed but I did drink it.  Now, I just tried the strawberry with some water and Gross....I was thinking it was impossible to have something taste so horrible and still be able to sell it to people...meaning, people actually buy this stuff??!!!  Anyway, I will NOT be trying out the pumpkin from this company.  NO WAY.  Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone was thinking of trying About Time.  At least do some samples of their other flavors before spending that much money on the pumpkin.

serenity1959
on 9/28/13 8:07 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I actually love strawberry things, but as far as protein powders, have found that many of them don't do strawberry as well as chocolate flavors.

HW 275  SW 266

lathom
on 9/28/13 8:24 am
I tried the chocolate and cinnamon swirl. They were the most awful protein powders I have ever tasted.
hollykim
on 9/28/13 8:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I can drink just Bout any powder now. Still hate ALL premixed. I trod the birthday cake and thought it was terrible too.

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/13 10:27 am
RNY on 03/10/14

I wish protein powers came in a favor other than all the sweet choices. Chicken, herb, beef, I don't care. I have 5 days left until I can eat pureed foods and I'm so over the sweet drinks! I keep drinking them to because per fluid ounce nothing can compare for protein content. I'm using Bariatric Advantage and their chocolate is at least not noxious. Their other flavors (when mixed with chocolate) can be tolerable too. I'm counting the days until I can puree some real food and just add whey powder to veggies! Food processor is on stand by!

mmmesser
on 9/28/13 12:55 pm

There is Unjury Chicken broth flavored protein powder which is pretty darn good.

Jus1nita
on 9/28/13 11:19 am - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

After a horrible time with OptiSource Strawberry that tastes like Pepto Bismal, I'm afraid to drink anything other than chocolate.  Haven't come across a bad chocolate flavor yet.  

Since I am able to drink almond milk, I mix a little vanilla almond milk to my protein powders to add some umph to it.  I also bought some chocolate almond milk and I'm going to try that tonight, and make a "zebra" (chocolate almond milk with vanilla protein powder).  Sounds delish... I'll let you know how it turns out.  

VSG on 06/12/13
We are actually big fans of About Time at our house. 2 huge tubs of vanilla and chocolate next to the sink right now. We like it because it is so clean. I agree that if mixed with water it is thin (the chocolate mixed with water reminds us of yoohoo), but if you mix with almond milk, it really thickens up nicely. YMMV, I guess!

As far as samples go, I agree, the cinnamon roll was not nice to me. At all. The flavor was simply too strong but hubby enjoyed his. Go figure.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views