I finally did it....

mmmesser
on 10/2/13 8:52 am

I used my scale to actually weigh out 2 oz. of chicken and a bit of vegetables for dinner.  I typically like to use the 'make sure it's under a 1/2 cup' measuring style but tonight I did it the correct way of weighing and pretty happy about it.  Just a small but necessary victory for me.  I'm proud of myself.  I also have weighed out my turkey lunch meat for lunches.  Just wanted to put it down for the record books.  :)

mmmesser
on 10/2/13 9:29 am

yes.  With the half cup I would have limited more vegies to have all the chicken...with weighing it I could tell exactly 2 oz. of meat and gave myself a bit under an ounce of vegies (to have just under 3 oz. for the entire portion...which is what I should be at per meal at this time).  Hopefully that made sense.  Some people may still have opted for the entire protein but I love vegetables and it was really about a 1/2 oz. I was missing on the protein so...for what it's worth.  I will say too...that it made me feel more in control and satisfied with myself b/c it has been a task to weigh...ha!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views