Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.. My favorite time of year & craving!

Smcquithy
on 10/3/13 12:52 pm

I really am missing pumpkin things.. pumpkin bread, donuts, pumpkin roll (can you see the pattern?). I know it isn't good for me, obviously it played a BIG part in getting me to the size that I was before surgery. I am having a hard time with this because 1.It is my favorite ever 2. my coworkers keep bringing things to the office to share with everyone. 3. every time I pass Tim Hortons on my way to work, they call my name. 

I refuse to give in... but OMG!!! I want pumpkin donuts!! Glazed, powered.. I don"t really care. 

So here is a question.. Any ideas of a substitute that would maybe satisfy the craving without going over my carb/caloric counts daily? I am keeping my carbs 40 or less and calories at 600-700 daily. Or do I just need to suck it up and stay focused and take the attitude that this too shall pass? 

Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 1:32 pm

Why not buy a small fresh pumpkin and roast it in the oven with a little cinammon and nutmeg (no sugar)?

AnitaV
on 10/3/13 1:37 pm - KS

Aldi's has pumpkin yogurt.  You can also add pumpkin to vanilla protein drinks.

lsereno
on 10/3/13 3:54 pm - CA

I mix pumpkin puree in my greek yogurt with Splenda and pumpkin pie spice. Yum! 1/2 cup has just 9 carbs and 40 calories.

I also like it in my soy latte. 

KathyA999
on 10/3/13 4:16 pm

Check out Eggface's blog.  She has pumpkin protein pancakes, a pumpkin shake, pumpkin protein souffle, pumpkin mini-muffins, pumpkin protein spice ice cream, pumpkin coffee.  And on and on.  All WLS-friendly.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Once you get there, just search "pumpkin" - and you'll never have to do without your favorite again, LOL!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Smcquithy
on 10/3/13 11:09 pm

Thank you! I will try some of these. I found some pumpkin protein at GNC yesterday. I may be brave enough to try it too.

Stephanie

hollirrose
on 10/6/13 9:28 am
VSG on 04/21/12
Someone posted something about pumpin protein shake... Google that. I do pumpkin flavored coffee or tea. No carb/no calories.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views