Old member checking in

bikerchickk
on 10/7/13 9:44 am - Sequim, WA

Hey,

I had my surgery a few years back and kinda fell out of touch. Thought i would pop in and see if any of the other old members were still around and how the new members were doing. Thought I would let you all know, I did gain back a few pounds, nothing terrible, but I am doing great and have an active healthy life. You newbies be careful, don't let your self start any bad habits, it is twice as hard to get over them after surgery!

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/13 9:57 am

Great to hear from you. You have been missed. A little regain is very common and it sounds like you caught it early. You have your tool, you know what to do and it can be done.  I am really glad to hear from you!

dinwards
on 10/7/13 9:58 am

I am looking into going to Mexico for this surgery.  Can you please tell me everything you can about ur experience?  Thanks in advance

bikerchickk
on 10/7/13 10:10 am - Sequim, WA

Look through my profile at my blogs, I reported a lot about my experience.

frisco
on 10/7/13 10:08 am

Hey Hey..... Whats up Bikerchick !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

bikerchickk
on 10/7/13 10:10 am - Sequim, WA

Hey Frisco, Hows life? I am doing pretty good. :-)

anninva
on 10/7/13 1:37 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Hey hey!!! Great to see you!! Have missed your face -- and fab attitude! LOL

I've just hit a 5 lb gain and am predictably freaking bc it's my first significant gain since surgery 1/10/11.

Really glad things are going well for you! Stick around. I'm still a total *****! 😎

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

bikerchickk
on 10/8/13 2:02 am - Sequim, WA

Actually it is year three when the gain seems to start. I am friends with a lot of girls who had the surgery around the same time as I, and we have kept in touch. We all picked up some weight this year. Not a lot, but enough to know it is time to get back on the bus.  It is so much easier to eat things I could not before and suddenly I can eat a bit more. The main thing is, I believe, is the lack of focus on water. I went back to an old habit of drinking diet sodas and after I did that I started having cravings and eating erratically.  I have recently weaned myself back off the diet sodas and have started to lose the extra weight. And have noticed the cravings dropping off and the feeling hungry all the time. I never felt hungry before I started drinking the sodas again. I crave diet soda terribly now though even though I have not had one for a while. I feel like a drug addict! I truly believe that diet soda is what caused me to initially gain so much weight and now to gain some back. I have been a diet soda drinker for most of my adult life.

You are not the ***** though, that is reserved for moi

happyteacher
on 10/8/13 6:27 am

I had the same experience with diet soda.  I weighed about 130 pounds when i started drinking them, and that is also right when the weight gain started for me looking back.  I don't do soda now, but am pretty much a crack head for sweetner, so I imagine the result is similar.  Great job connecting those dots!  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

PBJ
on 10/7/13 1:40 pm

HI Bikerchickk,

Good to see you on the boards.  I too have been away for a long time....life just gets really busy but it feels good to be back and helps us keep our head in the game!

WElcome back!

Patty

My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views