Went back in time 2 years

biologygrrrl
on 10/8/13 4:30 am - Rhinelander, WI

Weighed myself today and realized I weigh the same as I did almost exactly 2 years ago. Been battling carb creep and lack of journaling and no exercising. I refuse to buy new clothes so I sit here in my too-tight jeans turning over a new leaf. This week's resolution is to journal everything I eat. Like they said when I was in WW, "If you bite it, you write it." I used to cheat at journaling all the time because whenever I ate something I shouldn't have, if I wrote it down I felt like a failure and would stop journaling. Now I am looking at journaling as a challenge, what will it take to stay within my goals? How did I do today compared to yesterday? Last week? Last month?

My short term goal is to get back to my lowest ever (since getting sleeved) weight by the end of the year. That's 15 pounds. In the old days 15 pounds seemed to take forever to come off, but I know now with my sleeve as my main tool in my toolbox, I can do it.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

The_True_KayD
on 10/8/13 5:51 am

Failure or lesson learning? 

Take one meal at a time. Taking one step at a time will get you to your destination! If i set up a goal like "I am going to eat to plan all week" then i get lost along the way. If i take a change that i want to make it break it down into small goals. For example: 

I will eat breakfast to plan.

I will drink a certain amount of water by noon. 

I will eat lunch to plan

I will drink a certain amount of water by 5pm

I will eat dinner to plan....etc...

Getting back on track is like you driving from your house to a destination. If you happen to take the wrong exit then you turn around as soon as you can and return back to the route. 

Compare things looking at how you did it well before. We may have been told in school not to copy your neighbor but now  "copying" successful people around me has been very helpful.

Just my two cents worth

puffierus
on 10/8/13 9:17 am - PA
I have not had my surgery yet, but I have lost 40 lbs so far on my medical weight management program. Journaling my food on lose it program and seeing the calories I've eaten was the biggest change I made even when I was eating the wrong things just knowing how many extra calories helped me for the next day.

The other big change I made is pre planning. Monday thru Friday I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch. Know ahead of time what I plan to eat doesn't allow me to make a bad choice. Every Sunday afternoon I make a pot of low fat chili, or chicken chili and divide it into 8 ounce cups, make a batch of jello cottage cheese and protein powder divide that into 8 ounce cups. Then I take snack size zip lock bags and fill them with 3 ounces of vegetables usually baby carrots , snap peas , or celery. I work in a office and talk on the phone all day and before I would always eat jelly beans or gum drops now I crunch on celery or carrots. It just takes a hour on Sunday to prepare for the week. Then I have no more choices to make during the week. Good luck on you weight loss, like the others said one step at a time

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

SophieNJ
on 10/8/13 10:02 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Yes you can do it!  Most important, you're here, and didn't let things get too out of hand.  Congrats on that! 

Sophie

pineview01
on 10/8/13 10:15 pm - Davison, MI

You have this!  I can't lose without journaling.  When I stop so does the loss.  Good job stopping it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

biologygrrrl
on 10/9/13 11:51 pm - Rhinelander, WI

So I have journaled everything I have eaten every day this week so far. What an eye-opener! I think the most shocking thing for me is that even with eating more than I should, I am still not hitting my minimum 60g/day protein goal with food alone. I detest protein powder, but I'm going to have to find one I can choke down so I can get that up where it should be.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views