Late post on OH conference. I got to say hello to....

Connie S.
on 10/11/13 11:09 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

Ms Shell, Deena, Summer.  I actually got to talk to Elina and ChristinaHelena, separately.  Elina has been an inspiration since I started reading this board.  Ms Shell was lots of fun; we did hiphop dance class and SHE had rhythm!  Christinahelena was in there, too, and I'm sure she had more rhythm than I did, but it was fun.  Summer is even more beautiful in person than in her pics, which seems a little unfair.  Deena is just as adorable live as she is in her pics.  Elina was so approachable and took the time to chat with me, even giving me her official blessing to stop losing weight.  ChristinaHelena is full if insight and fun to talk to.  

Overall, I learned some things at the conference.  Diana Vogel made me think about my relationships.  Elina made me think more about goals and the importance of having them.  Seeing people who are several years out and have gained back most of their weight scared the hell out of me.  Getting naked with a plastic surgeon was not as hard as I thought it would be!  And what the heck was up with all those samples of high carb protein bars and all those coffee protein drinks.  I'm betting there were few people in the crowd who skipped breakfast, so most probably came away with a couple hundred extra calories.  

I also got to spend some time with my daughter, who lives in LA, so I did not go to any of the evening events.  Maybe next time I will be a little more social.  I think I felt isolated because I didn't know anyone going in.  

I also decided that there was enough information about post WLS nutrition, psychology, and the science of obesity that I could justify the weekend as a professional expense, so sign me up for next year!

HW 225  Consult weight 208. VSG 3/4/13 weight 176.4  Current weight 103  5'1" tall  Age 55 Goal weight of 108 reached in 7 months  

acbbrown
on 10/11/13 11:23 am - Granada Hills, CA

Im sorry I missed you - i didnt make it to the day time events since i was dying of back pain for most of it. Sometimes the best parts of the conference come from personal connections and inspiration - its always true for me. Hopefully Ill meet you at a future event!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Connie S.
on 10/11/13 11:42 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

I was sorry I missed you, too.  It was fun looking around trying to figure out who people were. I wanted to talk plastics with you.

HW 225  Consult weight 208. VSG 3/4/13 weight 176.4  Current weight 103  5'1" tall  Age 55 Goal weight of 108 reached in 7 months  

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/13 11:27 am

It was wonderful to meet  you too.  I am glad that I will get a chance to see how your maintenance goes at the next convention.  I have my "eye on you".  :)  Just kidding.  It was a very special time for me too.  See you next year. Do we know yet where the next one will be?  If someone knows, please spill.

pineview01
on 10/11/13 11:37 am - Davison, MI

Hopefully on this side of the country.  I so want to go and was upset I couldn't get there this year.  It was so awesome last year.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/13 11:40 am

Yes, that might really present a challenge.  I might have to skip it next year if it's in New York or Florida or somewhere on the east coast.  But I get the fairness aspect.  Where was it last year?  Maybe if it's somewhere in the middle we could all go?

pineview01
on 10/11/13 2:45 pm - Davison, MI

Atlanta!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Connie S.
on 10/11/13 11:42 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

Please keep your eye on me! It can even be an evil one...

Shagdoll
on 10/11/13 2:04 pm
Hi Connie
Sorry I missed you. Hopefully we can meet next time. I did see someone post that the next OH Conference will be in Florida but not sure yet. Congrats on your success!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Connie S.
on 10/11/13 4:11 pm - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

Thank you.  Now I have to take on maintenance.  Yikes!