What was your worst idea ever?

Anne64
on 10/17/13 11:35 pm
VSG on 06/19/13

Ok, maybe not my WORST idea ever, but....every morning I enjoy...no, I savor...no, I enter into ecstasy as I drink my coffee spiked with milk and Dutch Chocolate Isopure.  It is the reason I get up in the morning.  So, yesterday,  I had a very long work day and I wanted an afternoon coffee, but I wanted some protein in it, but I couldn't drive clear home where my beloved Isopure was....so, I thought "hmm, I like chocolate muscle milk RTD, I'll just add that to my coffee"  OMG it was one of the WORST things I had ever put in my mouth.  Seriously.  BLECH.

Have you had any good ideas gone bad with food, etc since  your new ingestion life began?

Anne

HW: 260 SW:233  CW: 159 Pre-surgery loss -27 Month One: -16.5. Month Two: -14.5 Month Three: -14 Month Four: -8  Month Five: -8  Months 6 - 9 total: 17

rissa1224
on 10/18/13 12:15 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Trying guacamole. It's sooooo good for you but, every time I think about it or see it I want to vomit. LOL

Bloodshotbetty
on 10/18/13 12:20 am - minneapolis, MN

I cant get my isopure to mix into my coffee!  It gets lumpy.  I had better luck with my matrix cookies and cream.  Am I missing something?!

-Alycia-

grayC
on 10/18/13 12:33 am
VSG on 05/01/13
OOH! Me too very frustrating!!
I feel like I'm missing something when people post these yummy concoctions
And it never works for me....

Anne64
on 10/18/13 9:07 am
VSG on 06/19/13

I mix (actually shake) my isopure with 1/2 cup milk first then add to coffee...but, I love my coffee Luke warm 

HW: 260 SW:233  CW: 159 Pre-surgery loss -27 Month One: -16.5. Month Two: -14.5 Month Three: -14 Month Four: -8  Month Five: -8  Months 6 - 9 total: 17

katym
on 10/18/13 12:44 am - PA

Maybe this is obvious, but for those folks having trouble adding protein powder to coffee, are you careful about the temperature of the coffee? If it is too hot protein powder will  clump into something more like ricotta cheese or scrambled eggs.

You may need to experiment a little. Couldn't do without my protein coffee....Katy

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

Bloodshotbetty
on 10/18/13 1:42 am - minneapolis, MN

Thats probably what it is. Although I don't know what I am doing differently than last time? Perhaps I will have to add some milk to cool it down a bit and then try my protein powder.  I MISS getting that extra protein in my coffee! 

-Alycia-

AdeanaMarie
on 10/18/13 2:43 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Worst idea ever was getting on my "Health Rider", glider exercise equipment and thinking that at 300 pounds I could just use my legs and not my arms with it.  The momentum of not being able to hold myself with my legs through me off the back side of the seat and flipped me over. Inches away from a stone fire place.  Yeah, not my best idea.  But after I made sure nothing was broken I laughed, really hard.  Glad no one saw me.  What a waste of $300, still have that stupid Health Rider too.  Ha!

Food wise, I am guessing trying to use peppermint extract and almond extract to flavor my protein drink.  That did not go so well.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Sutterbos
on 10/18/13 2:59 am
VSG on 06/21/12
Worst idea ever - I mix onion soup mix with plain Greek yogurt as a dip and it's wonderful. One day I forgot my yogurt, so I went to the cafeteria. They only had fruit on the bottom Greek yogurt, but I figured I could just scrape the yogurt off the top. OMG - just because the fruit is on the bottom does NOT mean the flavor hasn't seeped all through the container. Onion soup mix and blueberry yogurt. Barf.

shrinking_sarah
on 10/18/13 4:05 am - CA

LOL! 

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views