I celebrated too soon!

mzmageevsg
on 10/29/13 12:26 pm

This is what I get for posting too early before my surgery date was confirmed.

Just received a call from my doctor's office.  My tentative date for November 25th was changed to December 2nd.  

So on one note I'm happy that I have a confirmed date...that its before the new year.  But this also means I'm going to be on my liquid diet on THANKSGIVING!......UGHHHHHHHH!   That just sucks on so many levels.  It's my ALLTIME favorite holiday.  Usually I cook but I was actually going to relatives house.  

The biggest thing is I haven't told anyone about my surgery other than my hubby, kids and a few friends....family can be a bit judgemental  and I'm trying to stay away from the negativity.

Oh well.  It is what it is....It's just one extra week and a whole lot of praying!

purplepassion70
on 10/29/13 12:48 pm - Brenham, TX

Don't' feel too bad about Thanksgiving because you probably would still be on liquids even if you had the surgery on 11/25/13.  My surgery is 11/19 but according to my plan I will not be eating Thanksgiving dinner as well. I will also miss cooking, my husband says he can handle it this year but Christmas I should be back running the kitchen.  So good luck I will be thinking of you as well with our protein drinks.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/13 1:05 pm - Canada

You can enjoy the holidays just not go crazy with food.  If you don't want to tell your family then bring a portion of whatever you can eat.  Tell them that you had a bit of food poisoning and "this is what the doctor told me to eat until it clears my system".  Yes it's a lie and I don't usually condone lying but I'm all for self preservation.  If and when they find out tell them you didn't want the holiday to be about what you were eating because it's really about family and that is more important to you then food.  A little "I love you guys too much to make it all about me" goes a long way lol.

Congratulations on your firm date.  BTW Nov 25th is my surgery date (my sons birthday). I look forward to hearing about your experience just a few short days after mine.

Blessings,

Member Services
on 10/29/13 1:09 pm - Irvine, CA

You may miss the Thanksgiving Day spread but your rewards will be sooooooo worth it!  Good luck, we can't wait to hear from you post-op.

Debra M.
on 10/29/13 1:27 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
There is a pumpkin protein shake on theworldaccordingtoeggface.com that is wonderful. It has pumpkin, pumpkin spice and pumpkin spice Sugar free Torrani syrup and of course protein powder. We make it with almond milk for lower calorie count. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. You may not be able to have pumpkin pie but you can have this. . The sugar free pumpkin syrup can be purchased at World Market or on line.

bfatfree
on 10/30/13 2:58 am

You will do great!  Looking forward to talking with you about your future success.

NIcolexxo
on 10/31/13 12:13 pm
VSG on 09/27/13
I have become a true believer in "everything happens for a reason"... I was delayed two weeks and I was so upset, in the end everything worked out... I work for the government, my surgery was two days before the government shutdown... I spent my recovery time without having to use my vacation time, plus got an extra week off! When you look back, one week will barely be a blip on the radar! Good luck!!!!

Pre-Op 385/Surgery Day 328

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views