WHAAATTTT!?!?!?!

Vanessa_M
on 11/3/13 11:29 am

I can't believe that it has been 6 months since my sleeve surgery.  It has been a hell of a ride (as we all know) and the time has flown.  I've learned a lot from this site and I appreciate all the advice (direct and indirect) that I've gotten here.  

This is HARD.  This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and the thing that makes it so hard is that I know that this is never over.  I have to stay on top of my game all of the time.  My mother asked me if all I ever think about is food.  And I told her, YES.  I think about the protein.  I think about the carbs.  I think about the calories.  I think about whether or not this bite is going to take me closer to or further from my goal.  I think abou****er - enough, too much, too little.  I think about steps per day.  I think about miles per week.  I think about squats, planks, and crunches. I think about beats per minute.  I think about all my apps that measure what I eat, where I walk, how I walk, and when I walk.  But no matter what, I THINK THIS IS THE BEST DECISION I'VE EVER MADE!  

This is where I started - 2 days before surgery

This is where I am now (excuse the crazy camera face!)

So I actually, let me rephrase what I said earlier:  I KNOW this is the best decision I've ever made.  No matter what I have to think about, count, measure or whatever.  I'll never take back the past 6 months and although I have a way to go before I hit my goal, I am promising myself that I'll do whatever it takes to not get back to that first picture.  I know I would have had less success without this site.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

frisco
on 11/3/13 11:34 am

I think you "get it" !!!

Great 6 months !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Vanessa_M
on 11/3/13 6:35 pm
Thanks Frisco. Your posts have definitely helped me get it. Even when I get off track I think back to what read here.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

purplepassion70
on 11/3/13 12:31 pm - Brenham, TX

Awesome, do you lift weights

Vanessa_M
on 11/3/13 6:39 pm
Thanks. I've been going to a trainer once a week for the last few weeks.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/13 1:49 pm - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Your arms and stomach look so toned! You are so lucky, I have loose skin even though I have exercised regularly. Your doing an awesome job, can't wait to see you when you get to goal! Congrats!

Vanessa_M
on 11/3/13 6:38 pm
Thank you. I was very worried about the extra skin. Knock on wood there Is only a little bit. We'll see what the Next 20 pounds brings.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

DreamAngel3372
on 11/3/13 2:08 pm

Wow!  Look at those guns!!!

You go girl!

angry ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Keep your dreams alive. All things are possible for those who believe.

Vanessa_M
on 11/3/13 6:36 pm
Thank you!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Jus1nita
on 11/3/13 3:50 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

Congratulations!  You look great!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain