Random Thought about New Clothes

Jus1nita
on 11/3/13 4:17 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

I was just reading a post where people are throwing out clothes that are too big!  My clothes must have been tight as heck, because I've lost 30 pounds and my clothes still fit as though I haven't lost an ounce.  LOL

I guess I shouldn't be concerned since I'm not ready to spend money yet on new clothes.  Yes, I'm cheap! LOL But, Lord knows I never want to visit Ms. Lane Bryant again.  LOL The last time I was there was such a traumatic experience, yet liberating at the same time.  All kidding aside, that was my turning point.  Standing in the dressing room at Lane Bryant looking at my 5 ft., 1 in. body in this dress that was long-bodied, so while it fit me width-wise, the body was too long because Lane Bryant's clothes are cut for Big and Tall women.      

My first thought "this is too much damn fabric for my short frame, and I look like some little old church lady in all these darn floral prints. No offense to people who enjoy floral.  Anyway, I canceled my date, came home, and registered online for my WLS orientation, and within 3 months I was sleeved.   

MRWILLIA6871
on 11/3/13 5:09 pm

I have gone down from a size 22 to a 16.  I still have have about 52 more pounds to lose.  I look like a hobo in my clothes.  I too don't want to spend money on new outfits until I reach my goal weight.  While going down in dress sizes is a good problem to have,  I wish that my clothes could be magically tailored to my transitioning body.

claimmaster
on 11/3/13 8:29 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I never thought I was going to fit into the smaller clothes in my closet.  I had LOADS of them.  Then this past weekend I tried them all on, and I'm actually down 2 sizes!  It happened kind of all of a sudden.  It actually feels good to be in tighter clothes again because everything I was wearing was SO baggy on me.

Hang in there...you're day will come!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Scott S.
on 11/3/13 8:30 pm - TX
It too****il about 50 for me to see that I really needed to do something. I altered a bunch of shirts and surprised at the low cost to do it as opposed to buying new clothes. The jeans and suits are a different tale!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Nikke2003
on 11/3/13 8:54 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I know how you feel. I lost 50 lbs before I went from a size 30 to a 28. You definitely fly through more sizes the smaller you get, that's for sure. I feel like I spend ALL of my money on clothing these days. It's tempting to just keep wearing the same baggy clothes, but I've found that it really make me feel much better about myself if I am wearing clothes that fit me correctly!

I've found the Goodwill in my area is GREAT for buying shirts. Pants, not so much (I'm tall). I have bought a lot of pretty cheap pants from Wal-Mart though, so that's good.

Hopefully none of us HAVE to shop at Lane Bryant ever again!!! lol

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

LosingSarah
on 11/3/13 10:54 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I'm not as short as you, but I am still kinda short, so I get how you feel. Clothes from Layne Bryant never fit me right.  I refuse to shop there again. I'm cheap, too, and proud to be so :)

I plan to sell any of my nice plus sized clothes on eBay, and donate the rest to the Goodwill then head on in to hopefully find some second hand clothes. There is also a consignment store in my community that caters to plus sized women if I really need more clothes. Although, I've also got a half a closet full of clothing that ranges from 1-4 sizes smaller than I am now, so I won't have to buy much until I'm nearly out of the plus sizes.

butterfly3851
on 11/3/13 11:50 pm - TX

As a fellow 5'1' , I understand.  It's hard to find clothes that fit!  I always hated Lane Bryant since they never catered to us short people!  

Pretty soon things will be falling off!  Even at 60 lbs off, I can still wear some of my old shirts, sweaters & hoodies - but they are big. It's the boobs, ugh.  Pants won't work though - Yeah!  Get ready - your day is coming overnight - just wait and see!

NewNatinIl
on 11/4/13 12:57 am

I clearly was wearing clothes too tight for the same reason as you!

BUt...I have gotten to a point where my jeans are just not wearable.  They are baggy in the but and could be pulled down with out unbuttoning. So, I went to the goodwill and bought some.  I just can't justify buying "in between" size clothes.  I found some stuff that was super cute and even from Ann Taylor...so I'm happy for now. 

hollykim
on 11/4/13 1:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
One word..or. Two I guess lol GOODWILL! The smaller I get,the better selection of classic,cute,stylish and all in between choices I find there.
GL

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views