Met my surgeon today

sanjali23
on 11/5/13 7:57 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

So I met the WLS rockstar today, Dr. Marema and I must say it was a very pleasant meeting. I have met with other bariatric surgeons and never felt right enough with them to go further with the process but I believe I've found the right one for me. I have PCOS so most doctors in the pat have been extremely pushy about me doing the RNY. Dr. Marema educated me about the two and pretty much told me it was ultimately m decision because they are both comparable in the weight loss department anyway. His nurse Teresa was amazing. I did have a long wait once I was put in my room but he never rushed me once when it was my turn so I can deal with a little longer wait time. I will be having my procedure done at Flagler Hospital here in Florida and since it's more than an hour away from me it is one of their requirement to stay in a medical hotel for two days after being released from the hospital. I must say that I love this idea, especially since I have two small ones at home who do not understand "do not jump into mommy's belly". I'm gonna think of it as a mini vacay. I have just two more months for my medically supervised Dr's visit and I will be joining the losers bench....You guessed it, I can't wait.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

mickeymantle
on 11/5/13 8:40 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

congrats the start of your journey

It is a good idea to hold a pillow on your belly at first when small kids or pets  are around

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views