How often do you check the scale?

G5x5
on 11/7/13 3:53 am - VA

Once every morning at the same time.  Right after I get up (and after I pee).

There's really no point in weighing in more than once a day.  Typically your lowest weight for the day will be in the morning exactly as I described.  Generally, if you're going to be a daily weigher, you need to pick a time of the day and be consistent about weighing at that time.  You only reason for doing this is to establish a pattern, and the pattern won't be relevant if you're bouncing around and weighing in at different times.  There are just too many variables that could affect you if you're measuring at different times.  Measuring in the morning gives you the lowest weight and isolates as many of those variables as possible.  However, even with tha****er can still be a factor from one day to the next.

I like weighing in daily (except during stalls) but others would argue that's still a little obsessive.  Right now it works for me and I have a pretty good baseline of trends.  When i truly reach maintenance phase I will probably shift toward lesser weigh ins but I have figured out what that will be yet.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

cappy11448
on 11/7/13 4:01 am

I'll join you in that scale obsession.  I weigh first thing in the morning after I pee.  Then I weigh after breakfast - because it is sometimes lower - I don't know why, but it is.  Then bed time.  Its crazy, but it is such a high to get a new low weight that I am always eager to weigh.  My weight fluctuates by a pound or two every day so I'm only looking for new lows.  I don't let it get me down if its a little higher - although the multi-week stalls are not fun.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

LosingSarah
on 11/7/13 4:10 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Once a day right in the morning.  I don't obsess about the number on the scale or do it multiple times a day. I've weighed daily for years, not just since WLS, so I get how our bodies, especially women's bodies, fluctuate.

candiedtamz
on 11/7/13 4:19 am - TX
VSG on 10/22/13

I weigh myself once a week on Monday's. Why? I just want to see what the damage was after the weekend. Lol

Seriously...after seeing how the scale was going up and down since surgery I decided to stop obsessing over the scale and concentrate on eating right. Plus I love the shock of seeing how much I've lost after each week. If it doesn't move and I know I'm doing everything right, then I accept that I'm in a stall or losing inches and try again next week. I just refuse to whine over the scale when your body can fluctuate at anytime from either not getting enough rest to drinking fluids after a certain time to eating something with a little more salt than normal to your TOM getting ready to come on etc...  My advice is to not cry over every single pound if you're doing things right or else you can stress yourself out and then you'll really hit a stall since stress can play a part in weight gain or no weight loss. Just food for thought for all you obessers...no pun intended.

Chris A.
on 11/7/13 4:34 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

After spending too much of my life not weighing at all, I weigh daily. First thing in the am, no clothes. I'm not worried about it per say, I want to stay in a range. I hope to avoid or minimize any gain the coming years.

Cathy K.
on 11/7/13 4:49 am

once a day in the morning missed today running late.

puffierus
on 11/7/13 5:30 am - PA

I weigh every morning , after pee and no clothes. I consider it the first choice of the day I have to make to change my life. I realize this time that I will have to make many choice in the day to stay on path, just like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, no longer going thru the drive thru for breakfast etc.  I will admit it is frustrating when I go to the Doctor later in the day with clothes on ! and their number is higher than mine. I always want to say but but I was this number this morning.  I realize the number is not as important as the choices I make  many times in one day to stay on track

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

A. Kondrlik
on 11/7/13 6:29 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Once a day after peeing, no clothing.  Weighing every day has actually made me LESS crazy about the daily number because i now get how weight can go up and down for no apparant reason. i want to catch any creeping gain while its still manageable

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Bufflehead
on 11/7/13 6:36 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Every 10 days - 2 weeks. That works fine for me now since I am relatively newly sleeved (4.5 months out) and am following my doctor's (very rigid and conservative) plan religiously. Because I don't weigh very often, I've never experienced a "stall" - every time I have stepped on the scale, I have lost weight. So the scale doesn't stress me out or frustrate me.

When I have more freedom in my eating choices, I intend to weigh every day but record and graph only an average weekly weight. I don't want to have weight or even stalls creep up on me without knowing about it.

lsereno
on 11/7/13 6:52 am - CA

Every morning.

Lynda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views