3 month post op dr apt

Joy M.
on 11/8/13 11:50 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

Ok a little discouraged. I met with my drs nurse practioner yesterday and seemed surprised I've lost 50 pounds and seemed to think I'm not eating enough. I get between 600-800 calories and she said I should be 1100-1200. There's no way it's hard eat the little I already do. I'm happy with my progress but I do get dizzy occasionally but I need to up my water anyway LOVING MY WEIGHTLOSS so I'll take what she said with a grain of salt and just try to up my protein and water. Anyone else have their doc say they loose too much too fast? That's just crazy. 

princesswimmer24
on 11/9/13 1:02 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

My Dr and NUT were ok with the lower calories and carbs, but they said that if my blood work didn't support my choices or I was getting dizzy/light headed than I would have to increase. I mainly listen to my body. Some days I eat more than the 800 calories if my body needs more. But I do that with more protein, not more carbs. Everyone's body is different so they are willing to let me go off of their plan if my plan works for me. Keep up the hard work!!

Joy M.
on 11/9/13 1:04 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Looks like ur doing great too how do you feel sleeve sister? 

jubigirl
on 11/9/13 3:30 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Don't be discouraged!  My nut strongly encouraged making the most of the first year. 

Keep up the downward trend :)

Kelli

OAM
on 11/9/13 7:15 am

I need to get my 3 month scheduled.  I have only lost 39 pounds, so I have been pretty slow compared to most.  But my NUT also said to keep it around 1200 calories.  There is no way I would loose weight on that!  So I go with 800 and am careful to get in enough protein on that.  Congratulations!

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/13 12:27 pm - Canada

When I was doing my pre-surgery diet I was sticking to about 800 calories and doing great.  I wasn't hungry and was feeling great.  Then my NUT told me to eat more and I've been struggling every since than.  Now I'm just white knuckling it to my surgery date.  She's still telling me to eat more and I'm not losing and am fighting gaining and losing the same 10lbs.  Listen to your body.  If you feel weak or dizzy eat a bit more.  If your diet is good don't let them convince you to overeat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views