4 weeks out & miserably hungry :(

sleevegirl1014
on 11/9/13 5:38 am - Fremont, CA

Hi Folks,

So I was sleeved 4 weeks ago, and I am finding myself getting very very hugry, most of the times. I try to eat a small meal & i am full, but hungry in no time again. :( I have snet an emial to my surgeon on the same, but it would not be until Monday till I hear back from him.

Did any of you face this issue? Also is it true that it takes a while for the hunger to go away? Like 2 months or 3? I have read over here that the Ghrellin still stays in the body for a while, not sure how true this is.

Looking for answers :(

claimmaster
on 11/9/13 5:39 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

It would really help if we knew what you were eating.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

sleevegirl1014
on 11/9/13 6:08 am - Fremont, CA

Hi Claimmaster,

I eat:

BF : Protein shake ( Premier)

Snack 5 crackers

lunch : half grilled chicken salad

snack : cheese sticks or yogurt

dinner : the other half of the salad

:****ep getting hungry

LosingSarah
on 11/9/13 7:22 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Crackers are a bad snack because they do not keep you full for very long. I eat a snack after dinner, too, and still am way under calorie.  How many calories are you eating every day?

Bella Italiana
on 11/9/13 6:19 am
VSG on 08/17/13

Are you taking a PPI?

Sutterbos
on 11/9/13 6:36 am
VSG on 06/21/12
Hi, there,

My first thought is you need a PPI. If you're taking one, you might need a different one. This should help eliminate any hunger feelings you have (which really aren't hunger). If you are feeling weak, dizzy, lightheaded, etc. then you might actually be hungry. Otherwise, it's probably just stomach acid or "head hunger".

My second thought is you're not eating enough protein. Crackers are not a good snack. And I'm guessing a chicken salad has lettuce, veggies, and dressing? You'll get full, but those carbs won't stay with you and you'll want to eat again.

At 4 weeks out, I was only allowed soft, lean proteins. Greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, etc. Aim for 60+ grams of protein coming from those types of sources and you shouldn't be hungry.

Good luck and hang in there!!

LtWeight
on 11/9/13 7:46 am - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

Your instructions sound like mine.  And, I couldn't add lettuce and raw veggies until after 2 months out and only in small amounts chewing very well.  I had to add them back slowly one at a time also.

sleevegirl1014
on 11/9/13 10:52 am - Fremont, CA
Guys. . Thanks for the awesome responses. Wats a ppi? I take omleprazole everyday to prevent heart burns..
mkvand
on 11/9/13 7:39 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Omeprazole is a PPI.  If it isn't working for you, there are others you can try.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views