Approved! Yay, approved!

KrissyMisssy
on 11/12/13 7:05 am - TN
VSG on 12/02/13
I got a call from an unfamiliar number today and didn't answer, thinking it was the same time share people that keep calling. They left a message but I forgot about it until just now, so I listened and it was my surgeons office saying I'm approved! She's going to call back tomorrow to schedule my pre-op, surgery, and post-op appointments, but said it'll be one day in the last week of November! Oh my goodness Aside from my wedding day and my son's birth day, this is the best day of my life! This is ACTUALLY happening!!!!

shannonmcgee
on 11/12/13 7:43 am
VSG on 12/09/13

WAH HOO!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. This is so exciting. How long did it take for your insurance to approve it? What ins do you have? I had my file submitted to BCBS on Monday. The office gave me permission to start the 2 week pre op diet in case I get approved I can also have it end of Nov. I will answer every unfamiliar phone # now. Best of luck I cant wait to hear how it turns out.

KrissyMisssy
on 11/12/13 8:40 am - TN
VSG on 12/02/13
It was submitted to insurance on October 18th, and I just opened a letter dated November 5th that said it was approved as it was deemed medically necessary. I have UMR/United Healthcare, but previously had BCBS of MN and they seemed much more efficient and helpful than UMR has been, so hopefully you'll hear something back soon!

AutumnAlways
on 11/12/13 8:11 am
Hooray! Congratulations!

Sandy M.
on 11/12/13 8:46 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Woot woot!  You're on your way to the Loser's Bench - see you there!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

debk21
on 11/12/13 9:49 am - Mansfield, TX

Congratulations! That is soooo funny about "the time share people"....glad you checked your messages...lol!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

SleeverMom
on 11/12/13 12:39 pm

That is awesome I know the feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CW-300 SW(12/10)-293  CW-272 GW-145

KrissyMisssy
on 11/12/13 4:20 pm - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

It's funny how nobody besides other sleevers could truly understand our excitement :) 

NoleGirl
on 11/13/13 6:39 am

They told me I was approved today as well!!  I scheduled my consult with the surgeon  they said my insurance did not require anything other than psyc consult so does anyone know what would be next or know how long it could possibly take to schedule surgery?  I hope not long!!! 

KrissyMisssy
on 11/13/13 8:50 am - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

After my psych Eval, it only took a couple days for the surgeons office to get the paperwork in the system. As far as the next step, I'd assume they'd schedule you for the consult and pre-op appointment pretty quick, especially if you tell then that you want the surgery before the end of the year. As far as scheduling the surgery itself, I was told that my office schedules a month out, but by the time I got approved I guess they are more caught up because they scheduled me 2 1/2 weeks from now. So yours could be even shorter or longer depending on your pre-op diet and their schedule. 

Most Active