Feeling defeated and a failure

Smcquithy
on 11/13/13 6:34 am

I am 17 weeks out and having a very hard time, much harder that it has been. I have lost 58 lbs so far. But I haven't lost anything in weeks. I go up 2 lbs and down 3 then back up. I'm getting frustrated mostly because I am sticking to my doctors orders/plan. But it isn't working, that I can see. It really makes me want to eat what I want. But then in my mind I can hear some of the "vets" here and I think they would tell me to suck it up and work harder..... With that being said, i am still disappointed and frustrated with myself and my body. 

Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 6:38 am

It depends, I might tell you to work harder or I might tell you to work smarter.  How many weeks haven't you lost anything and what is your doctor's plan?  It is either a stall or you have reached maintenance.  I would need more info to offer help.

Smcquithy
on 11/13/13 7:47 am

I have lost 2 lbs since October 28th. Doctor says 60 g of protein and 64 oz of water daily. I also am walking about 2 miles per day. It's been harder since getting colder here in Ohio. I pray I haven't met maintenance. I still have about 40lbs to go! How do you know when your body is done? 

Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 7:55 am
Your body is done when you say it's done. :) would you be willing to try a different approach? Would you be willing to increase your protein to at least 80 grams and keep your carbs under 40 while eating less than 800 calories?
Smcquithy
on 11/13/13 10:42 am

Absolutely!! I am willing to try different things. I do try and keep my carbs under 40, recently a few times they have been in the 60's. And I keep my calories under 700 daily. So do I just need to increase the protein? 

Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/13 11:51 am

Lower your carbs, 60 is closer to maintenance levels.  You will also need those calories for the increased protein you are about to eat.  Journal everything and drink like a fish.  See if you can keep your calories around 700, 600 is even better, but 700 will work.  PM me if you need to figure it out.  This has worked for countless people and it will work for you too.

Smcquithy
on 11/15/13 12:17 am

I will start it today. Sorry I haven't responded sooner. My work schedule has been crazy the last couple of days. I think that is part of my problem too, it was easier to grab something fast with a few more carbs than not to. But that is over, I will have to plan better.

Stephanie

ABath
on 11/14/13 12:19 am - WI
VSG on 11/26/13
frisco
on 11/13/13 6:50 am

I think you need a little Elina coaching.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Smcquithy
on 11/13/13 7:48 am

I will gladly accept! 

Stephanie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain