11~12~13 surgery...still bloated

iDeserveThis
on 11/15/13 10:21 am
VSG on 11/12/13
I am so bloated.....my stomach looks like a balloon. Any idea how long this lasts? Does Gas X work? I haven't had ANY pain... just this crazy belly.
LtWeight
on 11/15/13 10:48 am - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

Mine didn't seem to last too terribly long, maybe a week or less.  I bought some gas x but never ended up using it.  Walking seemed to help me get out all that gas they pump you up with.  I just did as much as I could, at first 15 minutes and gradually worked my way up to about an hour.  It was tough because I have terrible problems with feet/ankles and knee and I wanted to get back to my water activities.  Just give it a little time.  Glad to hear you are pain free, so was I and I'm so grateful for that!

DanielleP
on 11/15/13 2:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 04/29/13

Gas-X is something I tried but it did not work. It may not have worked because these aren't digestive gases but the gases artificially introduced to your body for the surgery. What did help was lying on my left side as soon as it was possible to do that without a lot of incision pain. I saw the recommendation to lie on the left side here in this forum and it worked for me.

VSG on 06/12/13
It may not be gas - it might be internal swelling. I looked sorta funny for a couple of weeks because of that.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!