November 21st!

Susan_04
on 11/17/13 4:18 am, edited 11/17/13 11:31 am - WI

Hubby and I are both getting sleeved on Thursday!  A couple more days! Im excited and scared to death all at the same time.

My mother in law will be watching our 3 yr old daughter and also will be helping us after surgery. We should be coming home sometime on Saturday.

I need to make one more stop at the grocery store to get the last few items to be prepared for when we come home. Also cleaning the house top to bottom so we will have less to worry about once we are home.  Got to pack our hospital bags and our daughters bag to go to Grandmas house.

What did you take to the hospital?

Thanks!

Susan

TexasTerritory
on 11/17/13 4:48 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I took my hairbrush and hair ties. I didn't need much else. I wore the hospital gowns because of the IV. Take a pillow for the drive home~~seatbelt protection. Good luck to both of you.

Sandy M.
on 11/17/13 5:14 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Chapstick, your phone, and your own pillow - that's it!  Oh, and your CPAP machine if you use one.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/13 6:10 am - Canada

I'm bringing my laptop, pillow and own pj's.  I hate those hospital gowns!

getitgirl
on 11/17/13 7:21 am

I took my laptop too, never used it while I was there. 'with the constant visits from the nursing staff, the unhooking of the leg things to go to the bathrooms, and sleepy from the pain meds there just wasn't time to google anything! lol

Ms_J
on 11/17/13 10:36 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/20/13

Unhooking of the leg things? 

Debra M.
on 11/17/13 12:00 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

The leg things keep you from getting blood clots while you are lying in bed after surgery.

SteveWebb
on 11/17/13 6:27 am - NC

Wow, that is wonderful that you are both getting the surgery together.  I hope you both come through without any complications and have a fast recovery.  I have read others say to bring mouthwash and chapstick with you.  My Dad had Cancer surgery and was sleeved during that process because the cancer had spread to part of his stomach.  I gave him my mouthwash to use during the time he couldn't drink anything and he was really happy about having it.  I hope the Lord blesses your family on your new journey and look forward to hearing good reports from you.

SteveWebb
on 11/17/13 6:29 am - NC

One more thing.  I plan to go to see my Parents during Christmas in Alabama and plan to buy me some Alabama PJ's for my hospital stay.  Roll Tide!

gretchen0114
on 11/17/13 11:22 am - Orlando, FL

Roll Tide!!!  I am from Alabama and we are going to Alabama during Christmas also.  My surgery is on 12/2 and we are leaving for Alabama on 12/21.  Wish me luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views