Holiday survival

TNERNURSE
on 11/20/13 9:20 am

My Wellness Center is offering a " Maintain not gain" for the next 8 weeks . Weekly weigh in with the fitness trainer. They provide fitness tips, healthy holiday recipes, etc. The aim is to give the individual accountability. The average person gains between 3-5 lbs over the holiday season. Even though I have had WLS I know this will be a battle for life. I have to track what I eat for life. I noticed I was getting back into snacking under the premise of eating frequent small meals. I am in this to win it! If I give up I could easily be the one to put weight back on. A lifestyle change not a diet for me. Also must find something I enjoy for exercise during the winter months. I enjoy hiking, walking , biking or jogging- hard to do in the winter months. I get bored on the machines. I am committed to a lifestyle change and must stay pro-active. At work this week so far homemade brownies, my favorite do-nuts, chocolate chunk cookies, Christmas oreos, and German Chocolate Cake ( my favorite cake).  Have resisted but going to be a very long, rough holiday season!

lil1inside
on 11/20/13 7:34 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

That is awesome that your Wellness Center is offering the "Maintain not Gain" sessions!!!  It is going to be a hard season for us all I'm sure!  I just know that sugar is a "big" killer for me.  Once I taste a little of it, I crave more, so I've decided to just not do it at all this season.  Good luck to you, all those goodies around, it must be hard, but you "are in it to win it" and you will!!!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

TNERNURSE
on 11/21/13 8:41 am

You are correct the sugar is not worth it! I love to bake for the holidays and it is easy to get in the sampling habit. I have cut my eating off at 7:30p.m. and that has helped. I was getting back into a snacking habit in the evenings. Good luck .

Nancybefree
on 11/20/13 8:01 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

TNERNurse, I like what you wrote there!  Good stuff! 

There are lots of walking DVDs out there, by Leslie Sansone and other presenters.  Also, maybe you could get an exercise bike.  Mine sits here in my home office and nags me into riding it.  :)

Dig up and CARRY WITH YOU some before pictures of yourself before you began your new life as a sleeved person.  Take a look at them every day during the hoilday season and remember the GIFT you are giving YOURSELF of this new, healthy life.  None of those fat-laden, sugar-laden foods can give you the satisfaction that being healthy can give you if you really think about it! 

Stay strong, friend! 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

TNERNURSE
on 11/21/13 8:36 am

Nancybefree, good point. You are correct no food is worth going back. Trying to be proactive this Winter with food choice and fitness plan.

Nancybefree
on 11/21/13 6:29 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

IMVHO you are doing fantastically well, especially with putting your strategies in place and ready for action.  Keep up the great work!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views