Dr.Kim's Peeps ~ what are you "eating" 8 days post op?

iDeserveThis
on 11/19/13 9:38 am
VSG on 11/12/13
Sort of bored with water, broth, 1 protein shake and Jello. Any other ideas for the next 2 weeks of full liquids?
Boysrfunx3
on 11/19/13 10:55 am
Hi I have 2 protein shakes and a cream soup but just like the broth you grow tired of soup! No worries we will be eating soon. We have to give our new tummy time to heal. Good luck!

Boysrfunx3

hayley14
on 11/19/13 12:14 pm - TX

HI, I will be eight days out tomorrow. I am having water, broth, isopure(sucks) and 1 8z  protein shake. Tonight I had cream of brocclie soup strained. So it was like eating a cream of cheese soup. I am  not sure if it counts as cream soup. Anyway, it filled me up, but don't think I will have that again.  I just wanted something different.  I haven't  been sick at all, accept when I was about to leave the hospital. But I have ran a low grade fever up until yesterday.  At first the pain in my side wasn't to bad, but then Friday it was like fire. Then today better. 

Did you have to take the blood thinner shots? That was a surprise.  I am getting finally 2 bottles of water in (34oz ) about 6 to 8 oz of isopure clear, and 3 to 4oz chicken broth, and 8 oz of protiei shake in. This started as of Sunday. Before that it was hard to get 1 bottle water in and broth. I get this tightness in my diaphrame. Friday I had a bad day my bowels started and I was not prepared for loose bowels.. But haven't gone since.. (sorry for the gross detail) Weighed today and I have lost a total of 23 lbs since pre-op diet and 13 lbs since surgery.  Can you tell me about your experiance?I see DR. Kim tomorrow and hope to get these staples out.

Highest wt=287-pre-op diet wt=283-Day Of Surgery wt= 273-

claimmaster
on 11/19/13 4:59 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I loved sugar free popcicles, and was just thinking last night about getting more to have on hand for when I get a sweet craving.  Walmart has some tasty flavors.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

smallisland
on 11/20/13 3:57 am - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

I am on full fluids and it was recommended to me to have the Gardeney pureed soups found in the soup aisle at the grocery store They are in tetra packs..  The sugar content is a bit high but if you only have half a cup it reduces the sugar count. I can't have cream soups so I tend to have the vegetable but there are a variety of them out there.  it is a different flavor for a change :)

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

tysmom01
on 11/20/13 8:04 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

I was really tired of the liquid diet too post op. But you have to stick to your doctors orders. Whatever he is allowing you to eat, stick with it. The time will pass and you'll be so glad you didn't progress without your doctor advising you. He's wanting to give your belly time to heal. I just think to keep from having any complications, you need to follow his orders to the tee!! Good luck to you

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014