BCBSNC fooled me again

SteveWebb
on 11/25/13 3:49 am - NC

Well guys and Gals here we go again.  BCBS first changed from three to six months on me, now they will only pay for four months instead of all six Doctor appointments.  Fortunate for me Mission weight loss told me they would only require me to pay the co-pay because they thought it was unfair to stick it to me.  BCBSNC has been much better insurance than united was under my old job but I sure hope there aren't anymore surprises.  I now have my last nutrition class and my last regular Doctor appointment to go in December.  Then hopefully see the Surgeon in January and get approval.  I'm praying and holding my breath at the same time.  I know that is lacking in some faith but in my humanity I'm afraid I'll get burned.  Praying the Lord will see me through this.  Best wishes

Gail D.
on 11/25/13 6:04 am

It's so strange how the same company can be different around the country.

I have Blue Shield (in California BC and BS are two different entities), and there was no question I'd be covered. They approved easy peasy. And I pay no copay when I go to follow-ups.

I hope it works out for you.

SteveWebb
on 11/25/13 6:45 am - NC

Thank you, I am being led to believe it will be covered.  The P.A. says for me not to worry that they will get me approved, but with all the crap with Obamacare and all the negativity concerning insurance right now in the news it's hard not to worry.  I keep trying to take my mind back to all the times in my life that the Lord has been so faithful to me and my family and lean on that.  Great is his faithfulness and hopefully in a couple of months I will testify to it.  God bless you.

VSG on 06/12/13
Do you have your written contract? That is what they should be going by.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Leighkitty
on 11/25/13 11:57 am

I have BCBS in Tennessee, and once I completed the 6 months of visits, was reviewed by the medical review board at my hospital, and insurance packet submitted it took all of 16 hours to get my approval.  And this is all in this month, not a long time ago.  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views