post op vgs 11/22/13

Pammerx
on 11/26/13 7:47 am - OR
So day 5. Still hurting in one spot quite a bit when I move. Other than that thankfully pain has been pretty controllable and minimal. I think it is the spot where there majority of the op took place. Giving myself blood thinning injections in my tummy to prevent blood clots that is an easy thing. Food is back to pre op Status.... full liquids soup, cream of rice cereal, protein shakes, jello, Greek yogurt and water water water. However just sips or tiny bites really constantly through the day. Trying to get the 90 grams of protein a day is a pain in the rump right now with so many restrictions but it will come in time. Two of the myoplex protein drinks is equal to 84 grams but get very tired of those after awhile. I am walking through the house and of course the bathroom and making myself go outside on the porch and up as nd down the five steps in order to keep moving. Did a little laundry today but that was a pain Cuz I can't lift more than 10 pounds so very careful and cautious about that. Don't want ruptured sutures or staples etc. All in all doing well.
Tray44
on 11/26/13 8:11 am

I am post-op day 6 (sx day was 11/21) trying to do a lot of the same except I am only allowed clear liquids until friday.  Not sure how stomach would tolerate full liquids just yet, but something more solid sounds appealing about now. I am also sore at one particular spot on my right side. Very tired due to no protein intake right now. Looking forward to friday. Keep me posted on your progress.

diana44
on 11/26/13 9:57 am - GA
VSG on 09/04/13

If you can do protein shakes try chocolate slurries.  I had difficulty tolerating the taste of the shakes & can't stand milk, so my liquid phase was challenging as far as protein.  Here's what doc suggested -- mix skim/1% milk w/ sugar free Quik & then freeze it in ice cube trays.

So, I did that & then I would put the ice cubes through the blender for a quick chop.  I took a cup/mug & dumped about 1/2 cup of the frozen choc milk and then poured the cookies & creme flavored Oh Yeah's over it.  Used vanilla nectar too.  Cold stuff felt a lot better on my tummy than warm. 

The different flavors & the frozen milk gave me different tastes and textures.  Plus the ice milk would keep everything cold for the hour it took to get it down.  I would try and drink 10 oz every hour.  I would get in about 60 grams of protein on a continuous basis early on.

Hope that helps & gives you something different.

mmmesser
on 11/26/13 12:15 pm

Sounds like you are doing great!  A lot better than myself at that time post-op...although I was doing stairs...just not any laundry!  Keep up your recovery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 436 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views