Two weeks post op and don't feel any fullness?

hayley14
on 11/28/13 3:25 pm - TX

So I am 16 days post op. I have had no sickness and can swallow great. I am worried because my experience is so good. I am ready to eat now but I won't. I feel hunger but I don't feel full. I drink a 12 oz protein shake and 1/2 bottle of isopure a day.  I am getting 40 grams protein down and 4 170z bottles of water in. I am eating about 4 oz of cream soups a day( which aim sick of) when do you move to blendirized and what did you make and why am I hungry. It's not mind hungry and why do I not feel full? I feel like my stomach is normal? However I am down30 lbs and I do get light headed with lack of food. Thoughts

Highest wt=287-pre-op diet wt=283-Day Of Surgery wt= 273-

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/13 3:31 pm - NV
VSG on 11/04/13

Don't worry.  You will start to feel full soon after you start food with a little more substance.  At least I did.  I didn't feel full at all on liquids.  Like you, I was beginning to get just a little bit worried that things were going down too easy.  It wasn't until I started refried beans that were not thinned out with broth that I would simply hit a wall.  I definitely feel full after about 2-3 oz of anything now (egg salad, tuna salad, scrambled eggs, etc).  

I also have felt stomach hunger.  It is not as intense as it was prior to surgery and even drinking water will make it go away.

hayley14
on 11/28/13 3:39 pm - TX

Thank you . I want to eat now so badly. I thought I could do this no problem but I am at the point where I hate the shake so much and the soups that I would rather do with out and I am forcing myself to drink them. I feel depressed and angry and not myself and I want to chew. I am going to see a therapist but what did you eat on blenderiZed?

Highest wt=287-pre-op diet wt=283-Day Of Surgery wt= 273-

Imakitekat
on 11/28/13 6:02 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Your stomach is still really swollen from the surgery.  Don't push yourself eating just because you can't feel full, measure your liquids, make sure to get all your water and protein.  Soup also counts as liquid.  And once you start transitioning to soft foods you will notice a difference in what you can eat.  Always remember that anything that is liquid like, pudding, ice cream, things like that are slider foods. They go right through you and you can gain weight because of that. Sounds like your doing good with what your eating. All doctors are different when it comes to transitioning, just be patient!  Have you tried like a cream of tomato basil soup?  My doctor let me blenderize  chicken vegetable soup and cottage cheese with a small amount of fruit for a little flavor and fiber, you may want to call your doctors office and ask if you could blenderize  some things, ask about refried beans too. I don't want you to go against what your doctor says, and also you could call your dietician and see if she has some ideas for full liquid stuff. Have you tried sugar free pudding?  Hope this helps.  It took a while for my swelling to go down, be patient with yourself!

Smiles:),

Lisa

Sandy M.
on 11/28/13 9:55 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Once you move to solid food you'll feel the fullness - right now everything is liquid and it just moves right through the sleeve.  I do have some questions for you though.  Are you tracking your food on a tool like MyFitnessPal?  40 grams of protein seems really low to me, although this early out liquids are the most important thing.  

Also, you mention that you get light headed.  Also pretty common right about now.  Are you taking blood pressure medication by chance?  If you are, talk to the doctor about the dosage - you might be having episodes of low blood pressure (I know I did about 3 weeks out).

Hang in there - your first taste of cottage cheese will be like you died and went to heaven!  And you'll be on solid food in no time at all.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Mrs_Desire _
on 11/29/13 2:20 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
The light headed feeling comes from not having enough calories in your system. I was feeling that way and told my doc. So now I drink gatorade 2 on occasions. Also have you tried eating Greek yogurt? I Can't do the protein shakes anymore. Makes me sick but for sine reason yogurt with some protein powder added is satisfaction. I move to puree foods Monday. However I start back to work on Monday also. So I'm starting puree food Saturday or Sunday. I was losing weight fast at first because I was not getting in the calories. Now I'ma pound a day drinking gatorade and doing yogurt. I'm down 20 in almost 2 weeks. I'm not disappointed at all though with my weight loss. I have thyroid problems so I'm ecstatic right now.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

lt_greenberg
on 11/29/13 7:32 am
VSG on 09/23/13 with

I had my surgery back in September and before I started eating foods, I couldn't for the life of me feel that full feeling.  After I went to back to my doctor for my four week check up, he told me not to worry it will happen.  Let me tell you it does happen eventually.  I started to actually feel the full feeling more intense since I had the surgery then before when I could eat like there was no tomorrow.  

I also had the same problem about being lightheaded, dizzy and even shaking I had.  It was all due to not eating solid foods and because your body is so used to the way you used to eat, that this is a big change for you.  

I am sure everything will be fine,  Good luck!!!  :-)

nuleaseonlife
on 11/29/13 8:13 am

thank all of you...all of this very helpful ....just nervous   Jan 7 for me...God Bless

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 329 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views