new here

mollz007
on 12/4/13 8:06 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Hi everyone,

I just found this website and thought that it would be good because I am pretty nervous about my surgery. I am 25 years old and I am seriously considering getting the gastric sleeve. I am almost 300 pounds and have had trouble losing weight for years. I feel like this is something that I have to do now while I am still young so that I can have a healthy future. I just got married a little over 2 years ago, and I want to be able to live a long and happy life with my husband. I just really need a fresh start. I'm really nervous though about what to expect after surgery. It's going to be really hard to change my eating habits but I'm working on it. I just met with my surgeon last week and he says he has an opening December 23 that he could get me in for. It's so soon, it's wierd to think that in a few weeks my stomach would be so much smaller! Anyways, it's good to be here. If anyone has any advice or could share their experience that would be awesome. Thankssmiley

TexasTerritory
on 12/4/13 8:45 am
VSG on 07/22/13
My decision to have surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Just remember to follow your doctor's plan, drink water and walk. You should be happy with your decision. Good luck.

Annievvho
on 12/4/13 3:31 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I just turned 27, and I felt much the same way you do, reasons, nerves, and all. I just had surgery on Friday, and don't get me wrong, it's challenging, and the first day I was wondering if I had made a big mistake because I was in pain and scared I was gonna mess up, but I am so excited about the future, and I know I made the right choice! Good luck! I hope everything goes very well for you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views