1 week out

Annievvho
on 12/6/13 5:02 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Last Friday, I had my surgery. First couple days, most of my pain was kind of heartburn like, but way more intense. While I was in the hospital, I was taking Zofran round the clock for the nausea. I haven't really needed it since the beginning of the week. I've lost 11 pounds this week which I'm definitely happy with. Very exciting stuff. Pain is MUCH better, but still have some. 

Has anyone else experienced at this point kind of a random nausea? I had pretty recently taken my multi, but not immediately before. I was the most nauseated I had been since in the hospital. If I had waited another second to take the Zofran, I definitely would have thrown up. I haven't since surgery, and I know I could have or maybe even should have (very grateful for my fortune on this), but I was just wondering if there's something I need to know about things people have figured out about nausea triggers.

Wes B.
on 12/6/13 8:29 am

The only time I had / have nausea is if I drink too much or eat too fast.  Sorry to hear your having a difficult time :(

Thanks,

Wes Beckwith

Luvs2Cruise
on 12/6/13 12:49 pm, edited 12/6/13 12:49 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I had a reaction to Zofran (I have a super high tolerance to pain so was only taking tylenol for pain coming out of surgery), so they gave me another type of anti-nausea medication to use at the hospital and then at home.  I literally was throwing up on popsicles in the hospital (my nausea was so bad the day after surgery when I got to start fluids). My Drs instructions were to use the anti nausea  medication the first 2 weeks home, whether I "felt" like I needed it or not.  While I really didn't feel like it was necessary, I did and have not had any nausea at all since.  

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

Annievvho
on 12/6/13 2:31 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I would do that, too except my insurance limits me to 10 tablets in 20 days. The Zofran is a miracle drug for me. It works SO fast, and I haven't had any bad reactions. Phenergan (another common antiemetic) makes me so sleepy. Zofran does a little, but not as much.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 380 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views