Two weeks out

jmichael
on 12/10/13 1:51 am - Issaquah, WA
VSG on 11/26/13

so i am still on liquids but notice after i drink my shake or have soup, i tend to get hot from the inside out for about 45 min.  Is this because i am eating too fast or much?

Annievvho
on 12/10/13 2:12 am, edited 12/10/13 2:13 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

My first week I would feel weird and flushed, a little clammy, my heart would race, and my blood pressure would go up when I had eaten. I think I was eating a little fast to feel any kind of full sensation, and my sleeve wasn't ready for 3 oz, and that's what I was consuming each time. I slowed down (remembered that I was supposed to be able to get in 3 oz in an hour upon leaving the hospital, not 20 minutes) and gave myself a break. I stopped before getting that far, and did better.

Pammerx
on 12/10/13 8:26 am - OR
Hi, The other thing to remember is your body has had a major assault. I was concerned about the extreme fatigue and shortness of breath with even the slightest activity. I think I slept with the fan on and a cookies rag on my head for at least the first ten days. I still get short of breath but I am now 17 days out. I'm having very little pain at all. The problem is getting enough food and liquids and an appropriate amount of protein. Still figuring it out but atleast the ddiarrhea stopped for now...that's a blessing. Anyway good luck. Looking forward to hear more.
JennyLove
on 12/10/13 10:49 am - Douglasville , GA

The same thing happened to me during my first two weeks post op. I haven't felt it all this week, I'm learning to slow down and take it easy now. The first few times it happened I thought I was in the beginnings of a major panic attack. I'd just lie back with a cold rag on my head until it passed. In my situation I think I was eating to much at once. I bought a food scale and also some 2 oz. ramekins to make sure that I am under eating my sleeve every time. It really has helped. Best of luck on your journey!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views