My protein arrived

mkvand
on 12/11/13 5:47 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

In preparation for surgery, I ordered a bunch of samples from different companies, and the first shipment just arrived!  It's the unjury starter pack.  I'm tempted to try some now, but I just ate, so I should probably wait until I'm actually hungry.  I also had to get a passport, since I'm going to Mexico, and that came in the mail yesterday.  I feel like everything is getting more real.  Now I'm starting to get nervous, but not about the surgery.  I keep thinking about things that would prevent the surgery, like what if there's bad weather and my flight is canceled, or I get the flu and am too sick, or what if the surgeon gets the flu and is too sick?  Argh.

puffierus
on 12/11/13 6:48 am - PA

Try the unjury protein with anything else beside water. I used the chocolate in coffee, the strawberry in lemonade,  even the soup taste better if you use chicken or veg broth. Oh and bseure to rinse out that little shaker bottle asap because the tiniest bit of leftover protein in the jar sinks to high heaven

good luck

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

mkvand
on 12/11/13 3:54 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Thanks for the tip.  I wouldn't have thought to rinse the container immediately--I'm more the kind that leaves it until I need it again.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/13 10:22 am - Canada

I'm with you...I'm so worried I'll get a cold and my surgery will be canceled.  Waiting is awful!!!

mkvand
on 12/11/13 3:57 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Yeah, waiting does suck.  I feel like I should be more worried about the actual procedure, but I'm not.  It's the logistics that worry me.  Hopefully everything will go well for both of us.

Bufflehead
on 12/11/13 8:15 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Honestly I would wait on trying any samples until after surgery, unless you got duplicates and can try again after surgery. For many people, their reactions to and preferences for different protein powders before surgery have no relationship to the way they feel after surgery. If you decide you love Unjury Chocolate Splendor before surgery and buy an expensive tub of it now, you may find that you hate it after surgery and need to give it or throw it away.

mkvand
on 12/12/13 6:35 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I've heard that, so I ordered two of each flavor.  One for the pre-op liquid diet, and one for post-op.  I'm only going to buy tubs of the ones I like both before and after.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views