Fitbit Ultra, Nike+ Fuelband, Jawbone UP or ????

iDeserveThis
on 12/16/13 1:22 am
VSG on 11/12/13

Fitbit Ultra, Nike+ Fuelband, Jawbone UP or ????   (I think 24 Hour Fitness has the BodyBug too....)          I noticed someone earlier asking about FitBit  but  are there any other brands that you guys prefer?  Researching them online just makes it more confusing.         If you don't mind, let me know which you purchased and why!                    Thanks All!!

Height: 4' 11" --- HW: 216 -- PreOp: 216 -- SW: (on 11-12-13) 211 -- Goal: 118-128

gretchen0114
on 12/16/13 1:29 am - Orlando, FL

In the past I have had the Body Bug and the Fitbit.  They recently came out with the Fitbit Force and I LOVE it.  I like it because it looks like a watch and is comfortable to wear.  It is water resistance so you can wear in the shower.  It connects to my Android phone and my computer where I can log it and log my food and water intake.  

Surgery date: 12/02/2013 SW: 281 lbs.

Gwen M.
on 12/16/13 1:31 am, edited 12/16/13 1:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I have a Withings Pulse and a Nike Fuelband.  

The Pulse is nice - I've got the scale too, so it's nice that all of the tracking is in the same app.  It can monitor my weight, my heart rate, my sleep, and my steps.  Plus, the Withings app links with Runkeeper which is an added bonus.  It's a small little tracker thing that I stick into that weird useless teeny pocket in my jeans.  What is that pocket even for anyway?  I use it for my Pulse.  The Withings app also links with myfitnesspal for logging meals.  

I really like the Fuelband, though.  I had one of the original ones and developed an allergy to the metal so had to stop wearing it, but I've recently gotten the new Rose Gold SE model and it's all stainless steel for the metal.  No itchiness yet and I'm so happy to have it back.  I love that it's something I wear on my wrist and that it doubles for a watch.  I like the style of it.  The Fuelband has made modifications in it's tracking so it's easy to start a "session" when you're working out and it's apparently better at tracking your steps now that it used to be.  But I love it because it's an activity tracker, not really a pedometer which the Pulse is better at.  I set a fuel goal (2000 for now) and try to reach it every day.  It's a good motivator because I like unlocking the achievements, etc.  But it's better for general activity tracking, instead of just tracking your steps, if that makes sense.  

Fuelband does not link with Runkeeper in any way, which is sad times, but it's not that much of a hassle for me to use the Runkeeper and Fuelband apps separately.  It's also not really a sleep tracker in the same way the Pulse is, although you can log sleep as a "session."  

In short, I use both :P  I like the wrist band and motivation of the Fuelband, I like the pedometer + Withings backbone of the Pulse.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

G5x5
on 12/16/13 1:55 am - VA

Get the new Fitbit Force.  I comparison shopped and opted for the Fitbit Flex back in the summer; however, their new model is the best out there IMAO.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

mrrmauu
on 12/16/13 10:34 am

I love my Basis One. Very informative and motivational.

ITwon
on 12/16/13 2:42 pm - Woonsocket, RI

I had a jawbone up. I currently have a fitbit flex and I love it! The Force is out now, but I'm torn. While I need the bigger and newer things usually, I like the smaller size and simplicity of the Flex. 

justpete
on 12/16/13 8:26 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

IMO they are all a little useless unless your only activity is walking.  Better to get something that measures HEART RATE so you cna use it for every on-purpuse fitness activity you do.   Something like a Polar Loop paired with a Polar Heart rate monitor is what i would choose.  best of both a HRM/step tracker/sleep tracker that way.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Somedude
on 12/17/13 4:40 pm
VSG on 10/31/13

I've looked at all of these recently and as far as I can tell people are the most satisfied with the fitbit one. If you don't need the additional features of the one then the much more inexpensive fitbit zip is just as good from what I've read. I haven't decided on getting either yet but leaning towards the fitbit one.