One Day to Go

BlueKitty
on 12/17/13 5:52 am - CA
VSG on 12/18/13

Ok surgery is tomorrow and I am struggling with the clear diet and feeling too hungry. . . I keep telling myself tomorrow that hungry feeling will not be a problem but as I write this my stomach is telling quite loudly it doesn't like this part. I didn't feel like this when I could have the protein shakes and in fact never felt hunger like I feeling today on the full liquid diet of the past two weeks even with the cravings I had.  Is there any suggestions other that patience.  I think what is making this a little harder is thinking I need to go holiday party for my husband and not to be able to eat anything there and to feel this hunger scares me a little.  Any suggestion on what I can do to stave of the loud noises my stomach is making while at the party (I am afraid it will lead to embarrassing looks).  

Gwen M.
on 12/17/13 6:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Can you just skip the party?  That's what I'd do and I'm sure my dude would understand.  I'm not really big on the whole needless torture thing!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

BlueKitty
on 12/17/13 6:48 am - CA
VSG on 12/18/13

No it is something that is a must.

Misce
on 12/17/13 7:01 am, edited 12/17/13 7:01 am
VSG on 11/19/13

To help with hunger and craving (and calm my angry belly) I drank plenty of the low sodium beef broth.  It had to be super HOT!!  The heat and the amount (4 cups) would trick me into the thinking that I had just eating a ton of food.  Are you doing the broths?  Good Luck with tonight; I will be praying for you!!

BlueKitty
on 12/17/13 7:19 am - CA
VSG on 12/18/13

Yes I am doing broths but my surgeons diet plan says 1/2 cup of broth 4 times a day and jello 1/2cup and no protein shakes . . . . thank you for your prayer I am going to need all the help I can get to get through tonight

staceyp1105
on 12/17/13 11:56 pm - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I am right with you...literally.  My surgery is later today and I feel horrible.  The clear diet was rough on me and go figure, I've had diarrhea.

woke up this morning very dehydrated and raging headache.  Called my surgeon and because my surgery is later in day, he told me to take Tylenol with a protein shake before 8am then nothing else.  It has helped.  I wish I would have called earlier and and maybe could have added a shake to the clear liquid stuff.

i was prepared to feel lousy AFTER surgery but not this way before....

not sure what time your surgery is but good luck to you!

Rosie B.
on 12/18/13 12:02 am

Ok, I am right there with you.  My surgery is tomorrow and I feel exactly the same as you.  Did you have to do a bowel cleanse too, which just makes things worse.  I was told to do at least 64 oz of Gaterade,low sugar and I think that helps.  I am still starving though, but the chicken broth also helps.  I never get headaches and my head is splitting.  I am trying to drink lots of fluids to avoid dehydration.  If I were you I would not go to the party.  You have to think of you right now.  This is hopefully the most difficult part of this journey, from what I read on here, so have to tough through it.  We are almost there.  Good luck to both of us.  I know these two days will be worth it, so lets be patient!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views