Holiday Goodies

bostonlass
on 12/20/13 3:18 am - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

Believe me when I tell you, it's like dodging land mines in my office today. Just went to get a cup of tea and was bombarded by LIndt chocolate truffles, HUGE muffins, Dunkin Donuts, etc. 

My psychologist at the weight center told me that at each "event" I attend, allow myself one goodie. Well the problem is that this is an all day event! It's getting harder and harder to resist temptation.

What I am doing is allowing myself that treat, then immediately logging it into myfitnesspal so that I can internalize what I have done better. What are some tricks you are doing to not over do it this holiday season?indecision

isign4u
on 12/20/13 3:22 am

I am only 2 weeks out and back to work....This is SO hard already!  I walked in to the LINDT chocolate too (my fav), fannie may, homemade Baklava (sp?) and on and on..... DEEP BREATHS! I can't even have one this early out....I have a long way to go. Maybe it was too early to come back to work!

"One mistake does not a day make"        
Nancybefree
on 12/20/13 3:30 am
VSG on 11/21/12

What worked for me last year was not eating any of it.  Being sleeved on November 21st was quite helpful with that. 

So far it's working for me this year as well.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Gail D.
on 12/20/13 3:31 am

It has been CRAZY here this week.

Wednesday, the team went out to lunch together. That was probably the easiest because I planned ahead and skipped the shared desserts.

Yesterday was a pot luck with SO MUCH FOOD it was insane, but there were plenty of proteins for me to focus on.

Today, there are leftover sweets from yesterday, plus someone brought in holiday breads, danishes, and muffins for breakfast. PLUS, three vendors sent in baskets of muffins, cookies, brownies, chocolates, chocolate covered potato chips.

Today I had one cookie of sorts. It was called a Key Lime Snap. It's a very small cookie, with lime flavor, and it was very tasty. But in truth, the sweets aren't tempting me too badly. For that I'm glad.

They're having pizza delivered in 15 minutes

indecision

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/13 3:44 am

I am finding it best to not eat anything at all. I don't do moderation very well when it comes to baked goods (the triple threat of a fat, flour, sugar combination seems to get me every time!).

frisco
on 12/20/13 4:21 am

During WL..........

Really..... think about it...... do you really need a treat? 

Is your psychologist a dog trainer????

There is really no "trick" ......

Just think about next Xmas when your at goal and able to "fit" into nice clothes and maybe "fit" some of those things into your program.....

Be stronger than the situation......!!!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

bostonlass
on 12/20/13 5:32 am - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

Was the dog trainer comment really necessary? Perhaps she is a realist. I know when I abstain 100% I end up binging. Everyone is different.

DeeNY52
on 12/20/13 8:55 am

I agree.  Although I am only 3.5 weeks from my sleeve the holiday baked goods are all around.  My mom gave me a 5 gal bucket of cookies fr the 26 people I am hosting on Christmas day, and normally I wold have eaten lots.  But I broke off half of one cookie and ate half of that and thought, yeah, yummy, but that's plenty for me.  Never eating "treats" does not work for me.  Being satisfied with a tiny amount is wonderful. 

puffierus
on 12/20/13 4:47 am - PA

I would strongly suggest not to have even a little bite, I started with just one little cookies and logging it in to my fitness pal, and  as long as I am within my daily calorie it was ok. WRONG the sugar monkey is killing me ...I had gone almost 2 months with no sugar and this one week  has destroyed all my hard work.

It is but for the grace of god I am still at 198.  because the cookie , along with the hot chocolate . etc has really derail my taste buds.  So if you can be strong I would recommend not even a taste.   I am waiting one more week and then I am doing Elena green chicken soup to get rid of this sugar cravings

Good LUck

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

rselenesu
on 12/21/13 3:22 pm
VSG on 07/15/13

Same weight, same problem.  Ugh.  I know I need to get off the carbs for a few days but it is so hard to detox for more than a day with all these sweets bombarding.  It's bizarre as I feel s***ty afterwards, but the carbs just take over.  I will look into the soup think - was debating just shakes.  Whenever I say only low carb - it doesn't last.  I was doing fantastic but the just a few bites thing really kills it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views