My new favorite stuff: protein hot chocolate

VSG on 06/12/13
I know my WLS peers have mentioned this in the past, but I just stumbled across the most amazing/delicious thing - protein hot chocolate and it is nothing short of amazing.

What I did:
1 packet Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate (25 calories/4 gms carbs per serving)
1 scoop Jay Robb protein
water

I put a cup of water, the hot chocolate powder, and the protein powder in the magic bullet and blended. I poured it into a mug and popped it in the microwave till hot. This made the foam created from bulletizing it firm up almost like the froth on a latte or the schlag served on hot chocolate at my local european coffeehouse. I am in love.

I keep checking MFP. Certainly there must be a mistake here. This has GOT to be more than 135 calories and 5 gms carbs.

Feeling like I am getting away with something here and fully admitting I'm late to the game...

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Shagdoll
on 12/24/13 12:53 am

I've yet to "perfect" the perfect protein hot chocolate but I gotta try this.  It sounds yummy!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

themexcellentone
on 12/24/13 2:34 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

When you heated it up, it didn't clump up or anything?  It sounds pretty good! 

I like the Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate...it is a great substitute for the Starbucks skinny hot chocolates I used to get. :)

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

VSG on 06/12/13
It didn't clump. I think the secret is not to get it over 140 degrees. I can't tell you how many times I have added protein powder to hot coffee before adding cream and end up with what looks like scrambled eggs in coffee. yecccch.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Bella_Fein
on 12/24/13 10:12 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I follow Bariatric Foodies tips on making the hot chocolate and have never had it clump on me.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Bella_Fein
on 12/24/13 10:09 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

My favorite is Salted Caramel Protein Hot Chocolate. Make your Hot Chocolate but add some sugar free caramel syrup and sea salt. Yum!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views