Menu

barbara101
on 12/24/13 9:28 pm - somewhere, OH
Hello, I am one of the 4 year out VSG ers. I have gained 40 lbs back. I am looking for easy 800 calorie day, meal plans, not a lot of ingredients, preparing, except slow cooker recipes. I like those.
but I am looking for easy, normal not gourmet where you have to go to 7 stores looking for ingredients.
I am trying to put together a 2 week eating plan/shopping list.
so any help and suggestions. Please.

Barbara   

Mary Catherine
on 12/24/13 11:42 pm

Putting together a menu plan and shopping list is the right way to get started.  Forty pounds will take some time to get off.  One important thing to do is to get a good scale, weigh daily, and track it on some sort of chart.

Not weighing will make it much harder to stay on track with your plan.  Offhand I don't know of any place to find those 800 calorie meal plans.  I will be watching to see if anyone knows a good place to get them.

In the past I have done Weigh****chers and eDiets.  With the new year coming up, I want to set some goals and improve my body.  I may end up back at Weigh****chers or online with eDiets.  I have made a commitment to go back to the gym this week.

MayPenGirl
on 12/26/13 12:48 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Protein, veggies, low carb protein shakes.  The best way to keep to the 800 calorie menu is to have your protein (chicken, fish, beef, pork, fish, shrimp, scallops) first and then your veggies.  For shakes I use either Premier Ready to Drink (Costco, Sam's Club or Bj's) or Isopure Zero Carb protein powder.

Campbell's have some skillet sauces that you can try.  http://m.campbellsauces.com/   In that same aisle you can find other sauces that will help give you variety with your protein (Just be careful of the calorie and carb count.  Some are better than others.)

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Annie1022
on 12/28/13 3:28 am

I have found really good menus and recipes on Pinterest .  Check it out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views