What does size 4 even look like?

Chida
on 12/28/13 1:15 am

I'm a little over 5'7". Twenty years ago at my smallest, I was 140 and size 8. Only in the past 10 years or so have I even heard of real people getting to size 4. I find this fascinating. I'm still preop and weigh 260. My 5'5" size 6 sister looks tinyyyyyy to me.

So, just curious...anyone around my height and size 4 or size 2? Any tall 6's?

Tracy D.
on 12/28/13 1:24 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Many size 4's today would have been size 8 over 20 years ago.  Vanity sizing is alive and well in the USA!   I'm betting you'll easily get into a size 6 at some point :-)

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Mary Catherine
on 12/28/13 1:37 am

I am 65.  In high school I was 5'2" 120 pounds and wore size 12.

Twenty years later at 120 pounds, I wore size 8.

Now at 136 pounds I wear size 4.

You will easily be size 2 or 4 at 140.

Cindy B.
on 12/28/13 2:11 am
VSG on 10/22/12

I'm 5'6" and currently maintaining between 125-128 pounds and I wear a size 4 or size 6. When I was between the 135-140 range I was wearing a size 8, which I still try to wear but they are really too big. For your height, a size 2 or 4 would be quite skinny looking to me but that's only my opinion. It will also depend on your bone structure, age and excess skin. I had no intention to get this skinny, but now that I'm here I'm kind of liking it. It's weird/odd/amazing to feel hip bones, collar bones and ribs which have been hidden for many years. :)

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/13 5:55 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Oh goodness I have some size 8's and I'm a 4 in pretty much every brand. I still occasionally grab the 8's out of the closet because I loooooove the look of the few pair of jeans. I have the major butt sag in them. I wore them to a Christmas get-together at my parent's house and someone got a photo of me from behind in them and I thought "yep, I've got the saggy too big pants look going on". I am still stubborn and wear them on occasion because I love a few of my 8's and they seem to fit okay when I grab them fresh out of the dryer, but an hour later I've got the sagged butt and legs. I'm eventually going to have to give in and buy the same exact pants in a smaller size but I'm too cheap. I can still get away with wearing a 6 but they get the saggy butt after a few hours out of the dryer too, just not as crazy as the 8's. I really will have to retire those one of these days. :-)

Bufflehead
on 12/28/13 2:18 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Check out http://mybodygallery.com - you can look up galleries of pictures of women of different heights, weights, and sizes (and ages, body type, etc.). It really helped me see where I might end up/where I want to end up. These are all pictures that random women uploaded of themselves. I'm planning to start uploading my own pix when I get down a few more pounds.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/13 5:45 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

That's interesting. There was a VSG'er on here that was tall and a size 2/4 and I believe her name was BelizeSleeve. She was so slim! I haven't seen her on here in ages. You might search her name at the top and run across some of her photo posts. I remember thinking "Wow, she's tiny!" I'm a size 4 but I'm 5'4" and I think it's a great size for my height. I think it might look okay on you depending on your build. I'm got quite a bit of muscle still because of the years and years of exercise I've done due to being a former athlete. I also have muscle from working out after VSG but I don't do hardcore. 3-4x a week for 30-45 minutes of combined cardio and weight bearing exercise. Nothing intense or crazy and my muscle mass has stayed good. I look good in a size 4 and not sickly. Someone else who has very little muscle tone left might not look so good. But really what matters is what YOU like when you look in the mirror and as long as you are in a healthy weight range for your height, who cares? It's YOUR body. I know there are some other tall ladies who got down to size 2/4 but you have to do some searching up top with the good ol' handy OH search tool.

The_True_KayD
on 12/28/13 7:30 am

I am 5' 2" (almost). I am 34lbs down so far. Looking forward in my journey I ask myself "What will size 4 look like on me?"....AWESOME!!!! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

ArmyWife29
on 12/28/13 7:35 am - GA

You can check out my photos and see what a size 4 looks like on someone who is 5'4 and 124 pounds.  My sizes have gone down much fast now that I've gotten into the smaller ones.  I went from an 8 to a 4 pretty quickly, I also workout 6 days a week, so even though my weight hasn't changed, my body composition and distribution definitely has.

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

mdusha
on 12/29/13 9:04 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I'm 5'6", 153lbs and very comfortably in a size six. If I keep losing (though I'm below goal at this point) I suspect I will be in a size 4 in maybe 10lbs or so. I'm honestly not even sure I want to get there. I like size 6! :-)

I've learned though, even at similar height and weight, sizes across people don't seem standard. Surprises me.

Best of luck to you!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views