On the verge- just need to vent

staceyp1105
on 1/1/14 2:35 pm - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I am not going to take action so I thought I'd write and reach out instead.

I am 2 weeks post op and have been very fortunate with recovery and ability to tolerate food and drink.   Every doctor is obviously very different in terms of diet by reading these posts.  My plan is to follow MY doctors regimen.

That said...I am wanting more foods....even healthy ones.  I am on a very limited lists of foods and while they were welcomed after the first week, I still have one more week on them.  The rationale from my program is to best treat my new stomach, allow for healing and ultimately better chances to tolerate more foods in due time.  

But I have survived hosting Xmas Eve (brought in, couldn't cook), Christmas dinner at friends, cooking for kids home on winter break and hosting a New Year's Eve party AND cooking a few items.   I don't wanna binge I just want "real food".

one more week til new foods added.  I can wait and I will...just needed to vent.

thanks for providing a place to do that where I know ppl will get it.

rengirl1978
on 1/1/14 2:45 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I totally understand! As you know, we have the same date, but I was able to start smooth food yesterday (10-14 days after surgery). It's not all it's cracked up to be! Lol I could barely get in 2oz at a time & then I had bad trouble taking my meds later that night. I have only had smooth food at lunch today. Breakfast and dinner were protein shakes! Some fantasies are best kept inside for now... I was really torturing myself looking at a food magazine!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

staceyp1105
on 1/1/14 3:43 pm - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Since 1 week....I can have yogurt, cottage cheese, egg whites, refried beans along with the protein shakes and clear broths.  This week I can add creamed soups and hummus.

next Wed I'll move to the next stage of foods which I think they refer to as "soft"

pineview01
on 1/1/14 2:47 pm - Davison, MI

Yep, just follow the plan.  While I was hungry and could eat more, that was because the nerves were cut and I wasn't feeling full or that I was overeating.  Just measure so you don't eat too much and hurt your healing stomach.  At 2 months it kicked in and I realized how little I could eat.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

staceyp1105
on 1/1/14 3:39 pm - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Thank you.  That's helpful to know because I do feel like I can eat and drink more than I should.  My dietician said to listen to my body but not to exceed 4 oz at any one meal.  I have easily been able to stick to that.

i haven't felt like I overdid it yet but have felt like the food was hovering in the chest area longer than it should.  Usually my stomach gets noisy after that for a bit.

i have felt hungry I few times but nothing 8oz of protein drink couldn't curb

pineview01
on 1/2/14 5:34 am - Davison, MI

I was limited to 2/3 oz for the first couple months than moved on to 3/4 oz.  I had to drink an 8 oz shake over 2 hours the first week and than work up to 8 oz over and hour from week one to week two.  Just go very slow with that new sleeve to prevent leaks or poor healing.  I usually say listen to the dietician but, some don't realize the medical issues for us as opposed to normal.

If I had listened to my damaged body, I would have put myself in danger of hurting my sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

TexasTerritory
on 1/1/14 11:06 pm, edited 1/1/14 11:06 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I am five months out and have no interest in food. I eat according to the clock following my doctor's plan. I am enjoying this strategy. I have so many other things that interest me. I am so glad you are following your plan. It is a wonderful life...enjoy it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views